Good multi-band wire antenna < 75' long

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KD0KZE, Apr 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KD0KZE

KD0KZE Ham Member QRZ Page

The crux of my problem is that I really only have about 75' to work with, since there are branches that extend outward from the thicker branches I loop the paracord around. I'd like the antenna to hang free and clear of all branches. In the past, I didn't mind if I had to pass the G5RV through small branches, but I think it would be begging for trouble with a fan dipole like an Alpha Delta product, and I note that there are coils on both ends, near the end insulators, making it all the more desirable to be further from trees.

I now have a loop of paracord suspended near the center point, and have found with my experimental hanging location that a center support makes a huge difference. I wish I could make an inverted-v, since this would use up some of the overall length (in a deliberate way), but I can't get the center high enough for that. Trees are sure cheaper than towers, but they're not laid out the way you really want them.

73, KD0KZE / Paul

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What supports the paracord at the center?

Trees may be cheaper than towers, but "masts" aren't expensive at all and can easily go to 45' or so.