ad: KB6NUGuides-1

Going for the big E!

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KV4JW, Sep 29, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Send me a PM with more specific Vector Problem concerns. Its not tricky anymore when you understand it.
    Glenn

KV4JW likes this.
  2. KV4JW

KV4JW Ham Member QRZ Page

Consistently in the low to mid 90's now. Scored a 98 a few days ago. Saturday is the day. I'm walking in, sitting down, and doing it. Thanks everyone for your encouragement. This has been a dream of mine for quite some time, even when code was a requirement.

I'll likely end up learning code at some point, that's always been a goal of mine too. I enjoy QRP operation, and being able to do QRP code would be the cherry on the cake.

I must admit, a few of the questions I've memorized inadvertently - only because I've taken many, many practice exams and seen the questions SO many times. However I'm proud to also admit, I've taken the time to study the material and learn as much as I could, and try to develop an understanding of many new aspects. I'm still a little fuzzy with remembering a couple of the formulas, so in the next couple days I'm going to focus on trying to memorize the actual formulas I'll need to use.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  3. KV4JW

KV4JW Ham Member QRZ Page

Passed with a 96%. Thank you to all for the encouragement and kind words.

W8YPV, KO6WB, W7UUU and 3 others like this.
  4. KB5IAV

KB5IAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Way to go. When I studied for Extra, I was scoring between 38 to 42 right on the practice tests. I got 45 right on the real one.

Good job.

KV4JW likes this.