GOD, I *HATE* MICROSOFT!!

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KA5LQJ, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA5LQJ

KA5LQJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well,

'Scuse my FRENCH, but I hate MICRO$QUISH! Seems now, I've gotten something called the Explorer.exe virus and no AV will remove it! If I click on a folder on my opening screen, this pop-up comes up saying Explorer made some "error" and a "log" is being saved, then it re-boots the computer. There IS no "log" generated.

Thank GOD, once I get Ubuntu running/Open Office for my Part 90 frequency spreadsheets and databases, I'm going to reformat that 37 gig WIN 2000 Pro hard drive and use it to store the databases/spreadsheets on.

Thanks for letting me vent my frustration. :D

GOD BLESS,

Don/KA5LQJ

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2010
  2. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Microsoft didn't make that virus.

3. KJ4RZZ

KJ4RZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

So do I. Welcome to the club.

Difference is, I tossed all my windows cd's in the trash years ago.

4. KJ6CEA

KJ6CEA Guest

I was about to say, welcome to the party!

Yes, Is 2000 even supported still?

Microsoft Works is an oxymoron- Point and Case

5. K7MH

K7MH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

6. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I hate to ask;
    How did y'all get that thing?

7. KA7O

KA7O Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not sure what's a worse indication. Fact that MS products are so prone to such compromises or, fact they are - so many users know how to clean these problems.

LQJ, welcome to the "dark side" - been MS free here for almost 8 years now. Never looked back. Wife, son, 3 laptops, 3 desktops, 3 server 'farms' and my own machine at work.

Nice to have time to worry about things that count.

8. N0NB

N0NB Ham Member QRZ Page

Just remember, the only reason your machine became compromised is due to the sheer numbers of MS machines out there according to self proclaimed experts on here. Engineering and design have nothing to do with it. Nope. Absolutely none. There is no refuge. So spend more $$$ so Bill and Melinda can give it to charity and feel good about themselves and then beg and grovel to MS when your activations run out but in the end you'll send them more $$$. Enjoy your chains.

9. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Say what you will about Microsoft but the fact of the matter remains, Microsoft is probably the greatest American company in our history. Because of Microsoft and their products, an estimated one billion jobs exist supporting their products and end users worldwide.

Most virus infections are the result of users not knowing how to take proper precautions when surfing the internet, or visiting internet sites that are designed to do one thing, and that's to put botware and trojan horse programs on your computer.

The best defense against any computer virus is between your ears and at the end of your fingertips. There is no operating system and hardware combo out there that is immune to malicious software.

The biggest know worm program ever released on the net came from a unix box and was written in C in 1988...way before a lot of you were even born.

10. N0SYA

N0SYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.