God awful sqaure wave from 7016 to 7032 KHz

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by WB5YUZ, Sep 21, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WB5YUZ

WB5YUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone else hearing this? Current time 0145 UTC 9/21, but it's been going on all evening at least two nights in a row.

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope.

3. WB5YUZ

Damn. Hope it's not local. Can't tell if there's fading or not.

I heard 3B9FR through it. He called and called and no one came back to him except for me. I was hoping that meant other people were being troubled by it, also. (He couldn't hear me because of my mediocre antenna set-up so no dice.)

4. WB5YUZ

Well, after listening to it for a while, I believe it is propagating in from some distant region. I'm surprised no one else is hearing it.

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I hear it here quite often. It is rumored to be an OTHR operation and moves around to various frequencies.

6. WB5YUZ

Didn't hear it last night, and logged YT, HA, PA, and D6. Best opening in a while.

7. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I hear a lot of carriers across 40M and thought they were from the TV cable systems in our area.
    The worse ones (s5 to s9) are on; 7046, 7055, 7076, 7120, 7127, 7154.
    Not exactly on those frequencies but I did not want to put all the numbers after the KHz in this post. They can move around but stay fairly close to those frequenices.
    There are six more regularly heard carriers but less than S5.
    Others up higher in the band but I never operate up there.
    Some are steady and some fade in and out a bit. Most have some slight buzz modulation, partly AM and partly FM.
    I pull the antenna connection and they go away, different levels when I switch to different antennas.
    I have shut off anything Electronic in the house and unplugged wallwarts but they still are there.
    Any educated guesses out there >?

8. KC4YLV

KC4YLV Ham Member QRZ Page

Read the thread title and got excited for a moment that somebody might have actually copied my new homebrew transmitter