ad: ProAudio-1

Go Box

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by WB2IPT, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB2IPT

WB2IPT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am trying to build a go box and cant find any good plans online. Can somebody please help?

2. N2ADV

N2ADV Ham Member QRZ Page

What kind of go box? Just an EMCOMM kind of thing or something portable to grab on the way out the door to go camping for the weekend?

3. AA9SD

AA9SD Ham Member QRZ Page

Check out my page here on QRZ. I found an old dynamite box at a flea market and put some dividers in it to hold my gear. It isn't exactly a super portable setup but it will fit nicely in my car and can be carried to a picnic table in the park! For a more portable solution search Youtube for "go boxes". I found several interesting ones.

4. KF5RHI

KF5RHI Ham Member QRZ Page

A lot of designs are geared toward a specific model of radio or for a specific need.

Here's a link to my backpack portable Yaesu FT-8900: http://youtu.be/CzG8yOnbyVY

I'm currently working on a bigger one built in an Army surplus medical instrument case.

Feel free to steal any ideas you might find lying around or ask any questions!

5. W2EM

W2EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to You Tube and search for "Ham Radio Go Box" and you will find some ideas. Look at my QRZ page- scroll to the bottom of the Biography page and see my version. You have to figure out what you want to do with it first.

6. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Seriously?

Let me google that for you

7. VE7WLF

VE7WLF Ham Member QRZ Page

Take a look at www.iPortableus.com I have three, two with speakers, and we bought a bunch for our Emergency Program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.