Glenn Baxter, K1MAN Fined $21,000

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. K3VR

K3VR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hurricanes in the Gulf; Flooding in New England; Earthquakes in Indonesia... and he calls his organization "the world leader in emergency communications?"

I've been listening to 14.127 for AMTOR traffic and 14.275 for over a year and I haven't heard ANY emergency traffic being passed. There has been no world wide radio activation whatsoever, and he won't publish the number and type of messages passed (if any).

Question: Can Glenn Baxter really make the claim of being a player in emergency comms at this point without being accused of being a gigantic fraud?

2. N7YA

N7YA Ham Member QRZ Page

probably signing autographs. he famous, ya' know!

3. N1LAF

N1LAF Ham Member QRZ Page

The west coast Baxter, Gerritson, license went into the pool and was picked up by a club station, probably to rub it in his face. This took place before the authorities took Gerritson to jail. I bet if the call is in the pool, someone will apply for it.

4. K3VR

K3VR Ham Member QRZ Page

I might apply for K1MAN's call myself Paul, after the FCC releases it for "normal" amateur use I mean. I could be the trustee for Boy Scouts working to become licensed amateurs.

Certainly you've heard of the infamous BOY SCOUTS ON JAMBOREE INTERFERENCE EPISODE?

5. WB4AEJ

WB4AEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am wondering when Riley or the legal goomers at the FCC are going to tell him that his renewal has been denied.

It's been a while since that notice of forfeiture has been issued. How long are they going to take to act on it? The FCC needs to follow the 'carry a big stick' to the limit here.

Fred, WB4AEJ

6. K3VR

K3VR Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. The FCC needs to make an example of Baxter to show the rest of the ham communitry that it has the authority and the desire to maintain order on the ham bands.

7. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Even if the license ISN'T renewed, or outright forfeited, wouldn't it be (at least) two years (after all appeals are exhausted) before it would be available through the Vanity system?

Not sure I'd really want that call through any vanity system!

8. K4KAL

K4KAL Ham Member QRZ Page

The guys that took "Ownership" on 14.275.0 have not been any better then Glenn, especially that idiot in Canada who loves to talk bad about the USA [​IMG]

9. K3VR

K3VR Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed. The VE7 station has a horribly dirty mouth, jams constantly, and there are a lot of K1MAN fans and lunatics from 14.313 making unidentified comments, playing music, and qrming the legitimate ops on 14.275.

10. WB4AEJ

WB4AEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't want his autograph.  I want his picture so I can throw darts at it.  ;-)  

Fred, WB4AEJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.