ad: CQMM-1

Glenn Baxter, K1MAN Fined $21,000

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K3VR

K3VR Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. The FCC needs to make an example of Baxter to show the rest of the ham communitry that it has the authority and the desire to maintain order on the ham bands.

2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Even if the license ISN'T renewed, or outright forfeited, wouldn't it be (at least) two years (after all appeals are exhausted) before it would be available through the Vanity system?

Not sure I'd really want that call through any vanity system!

3. K4KAL

K4KAL Ham Member QRZ Page

The guys that took "Ownership" on 14.275.0 have not been any better then Glenn, especially that idiot in Canada who loves to talk bad about the USA [​IMG]

4. K3VR

K3VR Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed. The VE7 station has a horribly dirty mouth, jams constantly, and there are a lot of K1MAN fans and lunatics from 14.313 making unidentified comments, playing music, and qrming the legitimate ops on 14.275.

5. WB4AEJ

WB4AEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't want his autograph.  I want his picture so I can throw darts at it.  ;-)  

Fred, WB4AEJ

6. K3VR

K3VR Ham Member QRZ Page

And in the "wishful thinking" department... Did anyone notice the bogus court case Baxter published on his website? He's been sending it via email also. Something about the Red Light Rule being overturned and the FCC attorneys all being sick on the day they taught law, etc.

The only problem with the legal case and Baxter's analysis is that the case doesn't exist. It's made up, bogus, fraudulent, magical thinking... e.g., nonsense. Baxter's two corn-hosts ex-WB2OTK and VE7KFM have been gloating about this non-existent court case for months. I suppose doing some simple research was out of the question for these notorious chowder heads.

Like most of his editorials, the court case was/is complete BS. Reminds me of the time Baxter told us Riley was leaving the FCC and the service would be better off for it. Looks like truth has left the building - actually I think it left a long time ago.

73, de K3VR

7. KY4XF

KY4XF Ham Member QRZ Page

I did a quick check via the ULS on the FCC website and found that Baxter's call is currently expired (10/17/2005) and that there has been no recent renewal requests. I would say that it seems that either Baxter is out of the "radio scene" or he is coming from a different angle (11M anyone?).

8. W1GBA

W1GBA Ham Member QRZ Page

What happened to this meatball? Did the FCC revoke his license, not renew his license or what? Anyway, I'm glad that he's off the air...permanently I hope! [​IMG]

9. N0OV

N0OV Guest

Ok, let's ask the question again?

What's happening on the "Amateur American Idiot" front?

10. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

ULS still lists his K1MAN as a "pending application".
    FCC ULS and put in his call

"Pending Application" means you can still get on the air

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.