ad: UR5CDX-1

GigaParts sold out of Hytera ham radios, now offering special pricing on land mobile substitutes.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KP4UZ, Dec 17, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KP4UZ

KP4UZ Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

In less than three weeks, GigaParts has sold out of the amateur DMR radios from Hytera that were allotted for the market test. With the information we learned, Hytera is working on improvements and features that will be released in the coming months. Through December 31st, GigaParts is offering discounts to ham radio operators on these land mobile models:

[​IMG]

Also, once we confirm you are a licensed amateur radio operator, we will make available to you a license that will enable front panel programmability (FPP) and wideband FM (Hytera programming cable required and sold separately).

It’s not too late to submit your product suggestions and requests to Hytera: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DMR-suggestions

2. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, I think I'll buy a Connect Systems first

AD0JA likes this.
  3. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

KD8URZ and AA5AZ like this.
  4. AA5AZ

AA5AZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Can anybody look at those radios and the descriptions and tell if they have separation kits?

5. KT5OT

KT5OT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

more chinese CHIT!

AD0JA, W5GM, N2LEE and 3 others like this.
  6. K4IIE

K4IIE Ham Member QRZ Page

Digital?Hell,nobody uses UHF/VHF analog!Waste of time and money.

K1FBI, K8CBC and AA1PR like this.
  7. AA1PR

I agree, DMR is nothing more than a glorified echolink chat group, echolink was banned from most systems while this is allowed, makes no sense to me

K1FBI, K2WH, NU4R and 2 others like this.
  8. SA1CKE

SA1CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The MD78x has a separation kit but you don't want that. Seriously! It builds about 3 inches back from the front plate so you are better of making your own.

And I have one MD785 and one PD685 (Euro versions of the MD782 / PD682).

And if you get a MD78x - get the DTMF microphone accessory too.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  9. N5RFX

N5RFX Ham Member QRZ Page

The RCC05 is used with the MD782. Wow I can't believe the price.

Mark N5RFX

10. KC7NOA

KC7NOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Iv seen some radios that offer DMR have only one time domain ... does this line offer dual time domain?

11. W4ISA

W4ISA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Big Time chazerai.

12. AA5AZ

AA5AZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

To those naysayers, please understand that some areas are DMR hotbeds now. Some areas more than others. In NC, it's on fire. I live in an area where repeater usage, in general, is pretty strong. But, the DMR systems are the new hot chick in town and for good reasons. On UHF you can talk much further, as much as twice as far, than regular FM and with what would be inferior antennas for FM. DMR absolutely has a place.

13. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

You do know that the "digital talks farther than analog" line was disproven as early as 1998, right?

K1FBI, K2WH and (deleted member) like this.
  14. AA3SO

AA3SO Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW a lil pricey

AA1PR likes this.
  15. AA1PR

Its rather sad hams fall for these advertising gimmicks, as Motorola states, "Digital generally talks about 20% farther than analog and penetrates buildings better". http://www.digicomglobal911.com/blog/uncategorized/emergency-management-newsletter-second-edition/

"Although the Forward Error Correction in MOTOTRBO radios, will increase the readability of received transmissions in weak signal conditions, there will be no improvement in coverage compared to analogue". http://cwh050.blogspot.com/2013/03/eight-myths-about-dmr-mototrbo.html

at least with analog I can break the squelch and extend the range by using my mind to decipher the voice signal through the static even farther, with digital its either there or its gone

with my dmr radio accessing the dmr rpt on Pico I cant reach it indoors, now on the same hilltop I can access the analog fm rpt from inside

another reason why most fm repeaters use pl tones is so the receiver stays open on a weak signal and doesn't drop out as often in simpler terms, not sure why dmr rpts havent done this

what is happening to the hobby?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    K1FBI and KY5U like this.