ad: MLSons-1

GigaParts Las Vegas Grand Opening

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Apr 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

have you looked at the traffic!??! can't get there from here, during business hours.

(smiles for the humor-impaired)

N1EN likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

They missed IWCE and NVCon, too.

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

The traffic on I-15 sure stinks. Be a long time before those jersey barriers go down....

4. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Boy, no kidding. And they'll all be at the reception Wednesday night at the Westgate. Set up a tent in the parking lot at Pieros or something.

5. K0RFH

K0RFH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hope that your customer service improves with this new store. Been pretty lacking of late.

6. W4LKO

W4LKO Ham Member QRZ Page

Robert,
    I tried to find any recent transactions to research the experience you could be referencing, but I couldn't find any when looking as far back as 2013 under your account. It is possible I could have missed something or it was under another name or account. Regardless, I'd like the opportunity to turn you into a fan. Feel free to email me directly at W4LKO@gigaparts.com. I look forward to talking with you!

Jeff S. W4LKO
    E-Commerce Division Manager

KC7ZOH, WA8MEA, W7UUU and 1 other person like this.
  7. AC7B

AC7B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll be in Vegas for a wedding {not mine} 9-11 May see you soon I ordered the Yaesu FT70DR I hope I get it before I leave Tucson. 73 AC7B

KC7ZOH likes this.
  8. K7XRL

K7XRL Ham Member QRZ Page

Provo, UT needs a store! Either HRO or Gigaparts.

9. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ordering from out of state doesn't get you off the hook.

10. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Most states have a requirement to report out of state purchases brought into the state. They're all self-reported, so you know about how that goes. I'm sure there are people who actually do report and remit these sales and use taxes, but it's gravy money for the state because I'm sure it would cost significantly more to determine, prove and collect these taxes than the tax would amount to.

11. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Since they already have a California nexus they have to report purchases from buyers that are Cal. residents even though the went to the next state over to purchase.

12. W1LWT

W1LWT Ham Member QRZ Page

how about opening one inthe North East .......better service and selections to choose from compared to HRO......

13. K5KMB

K5KMB Ham Member QRZ Page

Very happy to see you open the store there. Was a downer when the previous chain went out of business. Will be a pleasure to visit your store vs being limited to Fry's ! HA !

WJ6F likes this.
  14. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

No! No GigaParts in California! If they are out of California you don't have to pay sales tax on your purchase.

15. W8RED

W8RED Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations to Gigaparts. Good to see them believe in the business enough to expand as HRO and DX Engineering have done recently as well. Surprising that no one has mentioned a Florida location. I believe after CA and TX, they have the largest licensed base in that state. I don't believe there are any ham stores left in FL after AES went out.

KF4ZKU likes this.