Getting WSJT-X Waterfall to Display

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by K4CMC, Jul 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K4CMC

K4CMC Ham Member QRZ Page

Just downloaded this software and cannot get any waterfall display when selecting waterfall on the view tab. Tried changing the soundcard settings to all available ones and still got nothing. Have used other software like MultiPSK, etc. with no similar problems, but for some reason it simply will not show a waterfall. I am stumped. It does display the received signals on the left hand band activity screen upon expiration of the transmit period so I know it is receiving signals.

2. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

Please post a screenshot of the waterfall window.

3. K4CMC

There is NO video whatsoever in window, the right side of the display where the waterfall should appear in the window is completely blank. When I try to check waterfall it simply refuses to be checked. Like I explained I have tried every variation of the sound card control setting with no affect on this lack of display. The band activity panel on the left does display information so the software is obviously receiving and decoding signals, but the right side has ZIP.

4. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

Never heard of that one before. Try uninstalling and installing again. If it still does not work, time to ask here:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/wsjtgroup/conversations/messages

5. K4CMC

I deleted and reinstalled three times with the same results.

6. K3NAW

K3NAW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

perhaps your waterfall is hiding behind the main window. Try minimizing the main window and see if it appears.

73 k3naw

7. KB2SMS

KB2SMS Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't get it to display either, I use wide graph.

8. KC7I

KC7I Ham Member QRZ Page

The waterfall doesn't appear on the WSJT-X main window. It's in a window of it's own. It's possible that it came up outside of the visible screen. Windows somehow allows this. You may have to find the configuration file and edit the waterfall window position.
    If you are using Linux, try switching to another desktop. It might be there.

9. K4CMC

Finally got it to display using your suggestion. Thanks for the assist.

10. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Does a waterfall in the radio constitute a shock hazzard ? Is it worse if you have a tube driver and final in the radio due to high voltages and water mixing ???
    ? :eek:

S79KW likes this.