ad: w5yi

Getting rid of excessive comments

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KB7QPS, Jan 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

i am gonna devils advocate that. i often wonder if some of these "power sellers" are really just haunting the widows and orphans and getting stuff they know nothing about.

i sometimes buy things just to see, then quickly sell them. i sometimes buy things for clients that are never used. sometimes i just don't like something. sometimes i replace my stuff with something else. but these things have always been mine

but then there's the guys who have stuff they have never even used. i have nothing against the flipping thing, but it may give me a clue if seller knows if the item works at all

KI4AX, AC0OB, WB5MG and 1 other person like this.
  2. WB5MG

WB5MG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

yea but you cant post an innocent comment with out getting sent to the principals office LMAO, dang most of us are in our 60s and still get in trouble LOL

KI4AX likes this.
  3. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

In general, a potential buyer may ask any question or make any request of the seller that he wishes. It's up to the seller to decide whether or not to comply.

4. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

I guess the one answer nobody ever gives is "I'm selling it because it's a piece of junk and need to unload it in order to buy a decent radio."

:) :)

WB5MG, KA9JLM and AG5DB like this.
  5. N3AB

N3AB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What the hell? I made that post in January.

6. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, there's that...:oops:

7. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

I always make a note in any listing I have to contact me via email only with any questions/offers, as I won't answer questions/respond to commentary in threads.

My favorite piece of silliness is "I want your item. Please contact me." Huh? If you want to buy something, send an email to the selling party. You're the one that's interested in buying!

I don't see why that's so hard for some people.

AC0OB, K2HAT and WB7OXP like this.