Getting rid of excessive comments

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KB7QPS, Jan 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB7QPS

KB7QPS Ham Member QRZ Page

How do I get rid of excessive and unnecessary comments on my for sale posts?

I recently posted two items for sale, and it appears folks are having fun criticizing the ads, suggesting different pictures, saying I need to open the unit up and show inside pictures, questioning what some previous owner did 24 years ago, etc.

The problem is that the comments that folks are asking simply make folks nervous about buying the items that I have for sale, and make it look like I'm not following good sellers etiquette. They are clearly not folks interested in purchasing the item and asking further questions, rather, they appear to be more along the lines of commenting on the ad with no interest to purchase.

For sale posts are below.

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/kenwood-ts-440s.595207/

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/kenwood-ts-50.595203/

N3AB likes this.
  2. N3AB

N3AB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw your ads, Greg, and I agree. The one that always makes me laugh is when someone wants to see the radio "tuned on". That proves nothing except that the display works. Otherwise, the radio could be completely dead.

Just a suggestion....keep a private list of the people making these comments so you can avoid dealing with them in the future. Also, report the posts. The mods do a good job with cleaning up the unnecessary comments. Even the famous "email sent" messages.

Good luck with your sales!

John N3AB

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  3. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

qps

as a mod, i felt most of the comments were reasonable, i don't see an issue with "please show the unit powered on". to n3ab's point, it only shows that the display works, but, that's a good clue. as a buyer, someone unwilling to show me the power on, and getting hostile about that, would be a red flag

i do think that the "take the bottom off the radio" was a bit much. however, i left it there as "your choice".

of course fred can hit me with the hat of reality and i will change my attitude

dan

WB4KJS, AG5DB, W5BIB and 1 other person like this.
  4. N3AB

I don't recall seeing anything about getting "hostile". Some guys take a lot of nice photos of their rigs, which to me, shows that they are trying to show their rig is as-described. And none of the photos show the rig powered up. They may be taking the photos in a well lit area, away from the radio's power supply, to provide a good set of pictures.

I have had requests to show units "powered up", and I did what the potential buyers asked, if I could. But I still stand by my point that it proves nothing as far as a rig working 100%.

AG5DB, K7MH and WB7OXP like this.
  5. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

It says in the ad "More can be taken upon request and high resolution versions can be e-mailed if desired."
    So why don't people email their requests for more pictures??

It also says "$300 shipped anywhere in continental US."
    So why does someone ask if it includes shipping to FL?

And they wonder why the comments are so annoying! Do people just look at the pictures?
    It is like on Ebay. Those that ask all kinds of questions never do bid. Tire kickers wasting peoples time including their own.
    Any stupid questions and I block them from bidding. Most likely they will be nothing but trouble to sell to.

N3AB, WB7OXP and KN7S like this.
  6. N3AB

I like this guy! :)

K7MH and WB7OXP like this.
  7. WB7OXP

not to take away from michael,

but it says something when following simple instructions and basic reading comprehension are unique characteristics on a tech web site

whoops almost forgot :) the face of irony

KI4AX likes this.
  8. N3AB

You forgot..."How do I pay?"....when the ad says, Paypal, check, MO accepted. o_Oo_Oo_O

WB7OXP likes this.
  9. WB7OXP

that's 3 choices, "but which one?"

you know those same guys get stuck on which shirt should i wear? if the mrs (or mom) isn't around

N3AB likes this.
  10. N3AB

Another classic....."Why are you selling it?"

Hey, There's probably many of us that are in need of funds at times, so why do I need to tell the world "Hey, I'm broke!" :(:(:(