Getting my first 10 on 10 meters

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KE0JVH, Jul 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KS4W

KS4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you sure? My 10-10 number is 11682 and I got it in 1976. Or do they not issue them sequentially?

2. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

My 10-10 number is 36229 issued in December 1982. Dunno if they went back and reissued numbers.
    Tom WA4ILH

3. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr...if you don't want to spend 100 bucks on an Antron99 or whatever flavor of 10\11 meter vertical there is. run to Lowes, grab a few feet of wire.... locate a so239 chassis mount.... make a 10 meter wire vertical. cut vertical element to the area you want on the band .. for 28.4 MHz it's 16.5 ft make the ground radials about 6 to 8 ft . four of them.. tie off to a support and start calling stations. I did one for Field Day and in testing it did just fine. Didn't get a chance to string it up on FD2019 due to all the other antennas already up but at home it worked just fine with about 10 ft of elevation.
    By the way that Ten Tec Scout 555 rocks..... I had one back in the 90's....I miss it..... Gimme yours and I'll let you know how it works on all the bands....not just 10 meters :D