Getting contacts to confirm QSO contacts???

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N0HWJ, Jan 20, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. N0HWJ

N0HWJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does a contact in my log need to be a member of QRZ for them to confirm a contact??????
    N0HWJ Don
  2. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

To have a match, both stations must upload to QRZ, so...yes, an account is needed.
    N6QIC likes this.
  3. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They only need to listed as a "Ham Member" they do not need to have a subscription to log calls. You can always check there logbook to se if they are logging on QRZ.

Make sure that you always "request confirmation" of all unconfirmed contacts.

N2SUB likes this.
  4. N2KOF

N2KOF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

One can only request confirmation with stations that are member stations and appear in blue type in the log. If you try with stations in black you get a message that it failed because the call is not registered with QRZ
  5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

One needs only to be registered with QRZ to participate in the Logbook, a subscription is not required.

It is not possible for a party to manually confirm a QSO. The system will automatically indicate confirmation when each party to the QSO has entered a QSO record in its logbook that matches by callsigns, mode, band, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. Hence, both parties must be registered participants.

For those that participate in LoTW and have LoTW Access enabled, credit will be given for LoTW confirmed QSO's upon downloading from LoTW; this regardless of your worked party's registered status.

A subscription at the XML or higher level is required to activate special features such as direct upload to LoTW, exporting ADIF files, and providing logbook access to QSL managers.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018 at 2:03 PM
  6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

This notice is posted on my QRZ page to help those who need a confirmation that I have not logged some use the process some not ....
    "If you require a confirmation from K3XR for a QSO please send an email to with all the details of the contact in order that I may be able to complete the confirmation. " it's the same message sent when I reject a contact because information i lacking.