Get back on Ten Meters de Gary K8JCR

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K8JCR, Oct 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll start hanging around 28.400 as well during the day and call CQ as often as possible.

2. W9OSI

W9OSI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As time allows, I will do the same. When I get home tonight I'll monitor and try some RF on 10m. Lets do this!

3. KE5ES

KE5ES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If it weren't for 10 Meters I probably wouldn't have kept going in the hobby. When I got my Tech license 10 meters was wide open and I talked to Argentina!!! At the time it seemed like a miracle. 10 meters from coast to coast running 5 watts from West Texas. It got me hooked on HF. When I am off work, I work 6pm to 6AM, I will try to be there. 73!!!!

KC0KEK likes this.
  4. KF5KWO

KF5KWO Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here! I was licensed in ‘96, but didn’t get on HF till 2003 or so, and worked lots of domestic and DX on 10m using my HTX-10 and a 1/4-wave whip. Good times.

5. KF5KWO

KF5KWO Ham Member QRZ Page

As best I can, I’ll get on and see what I can hear. Do we have a name for this net? :)

6. KE0IS

KE0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure I will start giving 28.400 a shout every time I fire up the rig. Hope to see you there!

7. KC3MIO

KC3MIO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe we should start a Dead Bands Net. I worked MA and Aruba on 10M during the CQ RTTY contest in September. Also, about a dozen contacts on 15M including Argentina and Uruguay. I suspect that ops do not try the bands they know are dead, or listen for a short time and hearing nothing, go somewhere else.

KE5ES likes this.
  8. KE0IS

KE0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

On the air now Gary 28.400

9. KC3MIO

KC3MIO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

On the road now, but no radio. I wish I had one, here on Jekyll Island, Ga so I could listen.

10. WA3TVH

WA3TVH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I remember working Japan on 10 meters from my mobile using one those President Radios running 25 watts to a CB mag mount on the trunk lid. I used the same mag mount stuck on my fence to work a 10-10 contest a few months ago, the band was wide open and I think I could have loaded a coat hanger and worked all over the place. Same can be said for 6 meters, when that band is open you can work the world on flea power and a mattress spring. The other evening I noticed that the CB channels were packed, zip on 10 meters no one was there. Great band really miss the openings.