ad: cq2k-1

Get $10 off HRD since March 24th was my birthday!

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WJ6R, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

It is strange that when HRD is mentioned the Thread goes down Hill.

Don't seem to mater what Forum Category it is posted in.

Why is that ?

2. K7EVI

K7EVI Ham Member QRZ Page

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".
    "Eighty-six point three percent of all statistics are made up on the fly, and contain little basis of truth." (Including this one - for those who missed the point.)
    "A pun is the lowest form of wit, and that" (my post) "is half a pun!"

POP

3. K7EVI

K7EVI Ham Member QRZ Page

I do appreciate low/no pressure ads - (if that is what you want to call this!) I believe there has been a lot of thought and hours of code writing and testing put into HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe, I believe it is called.) However, I will probably not be investing in it, even if it was $60, it would b above my present budget. Sixty dollars would feed my 12VDC generator for a lot of operating - at least a months worth of nights or stormy days... But for the HAM who wants "the BEST" (or beast if you prefer) than look carefully. I personally use N1MM, and only for basic logging (overkill) and contesting (I can understand it).

4. KA9JLM

I think Rick should sell HRD for the same amount as he is old, on a birthday deal like this.

That must make it about 30 Dollars. ?

My Birthday is the 30th. The software that I write is still Free, so no discounts.

Happy Birthday Rick.

5. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine was the 20th.

6. WW7F

WW7F Guest

C'Mon now, where are all Da shills:)? LOL, seriously, you might have better luck if you were to do as Gigaparts or others do and have a giveaway:)
    Better and more inventive ways to drum up temporary funds to get to those hamfests:)
    Like a half off sale for example:) Why not just say buy ten of them and get one free?:)
    OR donate a copy to schools or other orgs.
    There are many ways to increase sales buy advertising, doing it here as news just makes it look like a Craigslist Advertisment:)
    Not being critical, but you need a better approach to advertising IMHO.
    Good Luck , I mean that seriously, just remember if you suddenly want more and more for a product folks will back away, you might sell that million dollar auto to a few posers but when the dust settles you will have lost a chunk of your former faithful customer base.
    Like the kid selling lemonade for $1000 a glass, only has to sell one but at the expense of the rest of the consumers of his product.
    And the time spent trying to find the pone person to sell a glass to is also a waste.
    I wish you luck Rick, also Happy Birthday, I also feel one should not be afraid or take offense at constructive criticism whether it be consumer or seller:)
    I mean anyone who is an Aries will succeed if they do not get impatient, I do, sometimes I do not succeed because of the traits an Aries born person has or said to have anyhow:)
    But I digress, Take care, Michelle:)

7. KA9JLM

Sound good to me, as long as I am the winner.

8. WW7F

WW7F Guest

LOL, Don, I will let you be the first, then I gotta get mine, the rest can get thiers later,in the tradition of ham radio every ham for themselves, and the person next to them of course:)
    I think if some of the schools had a copy, it might spark interest in some of them when they see the puter running the rig or vice versa:)
    73, Seriously good marketing is everything from what I recall they said in media classes I took:)
    But if you ever saw the movie, Zohan, they had this store in NYC that a bunch of ISraelis ran, the name was "Going out of Business" and they were always going out of business:)
    Sorry about sloppy typing this morning was on the fly here and wanted to comment:) 73, Hope you have a good afternoon, sincerely Michelle:)

9. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

1. Any School Club with 5 or more hams get a copy free for their school club callsign
    2. We do have contests, and did one back in Oct, the winner got a free copy of HRD for life.
    3. Michele, as one of my old rock and roll tee-shirts says...You weren't the first and you wont be the last... ;)

HRD already has a huge paid userbase. We're getting close to the size of the paid userbase as DX4Win has.... The total number of free and paid registered users is way over 100,000 now. We have 7 hams with us and the 2 other owners.. that makes 10, and this time last year we had 4 of us (the 3 owners and Erin).

BTW, Erin (KJ4MFO) was in a minor wreck yesterday (tailended and not on hf!). Im taking her to the doc today at 6 to get her back checked out. Lina, her 7 year old, is ok and all checked... but Erin's back started to ache today, so we're gonna be safe and have it checked.

Rick - W4PC

10. KA9JLM

Sorry to hear Erin is in a bad way. I hope she is ok.

Great start for HRD it sounds like. Keep up the great work.

My Birthday is tomorrow, and I want to be the first Birthday winner.

Have a Great Easter Sunday.

11. WW7F

WW7F Guest

Rick, That is very nice to hear:)
    I also send best wishes for Erin as well.
    Hope things work out for you all, I realize I might sound a bit critical of things but not really, just think marketing is important because sometimes a product will fade away if not given the right exposure, Sorry if I was sounding like that, Part of wanting a ham business to make it is getting suggestions from folks, I am glad you know it is well meant:)
    BAck problems can get bad pretty fast, sometimes folks who just feel like they are sprained or such end up with damage not seen right then at the time.
    Not to drone on about medical issues here , but I have l3,4,5 all bad l5 is compressed as heck and this is after the l3 and 4 got injured working for the USPO,way back in the early 1980s took all that time for the other damage to surface.
    Best wishes, hope you have a good time at the hamfests,if I had the energy and skills I would love to do something like a ham business but getting a bit too old for that I think.
    I DO have a reputation for being like an evangelist about anything I am an advocate of:)
    My skills were more as a PR and troubleshooter long ago for an audio company, on the road all the time. anyhow I am off on another tangent Rick, I DO like HRD I even used it with my old IC756 with the display not working on it:)
    Too bad it cannot be directly incorporated onboard an HF rig, well AFAIK not yet but would be kewl to just have HRD display on screen as an option for a rig like ones that accept external monitors but only this would be displayed on the rigs display.
    OK BAck to earth now I gotta go modulate 5 kw, clothes need to be tossed in the dryer,LOL:p
    73, excuse my rambling today, guess it is spring fever,LOL:)
    Sincerely,Michelle:)

12. WD5JOY

WD5JOY Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm two weeks late and a few brain cells short - but "new owners" - "old owners" - "along for the ride guys or gals" - you made it possible for this old coot to get on PSK31 (BPSK31? Whatever!) and have a bit of fun.:D

Oh I did fumble and flop a bit at first, but with assistance (FREE) I was able to enjoy a mode I would NEVER have attempted had it not been for 'software' of some sort. Ham Radio DeLuxe was the first one suggested by another senile ham in town and when compared to others FOR ME it was the best way to go.

I enjoyed the FREE RIDE provided with no strings attached (as far as I am concerned) and were I to decide to go back to the 'digital stuff' and in more depth I would surely take a gander at the new product. I used the FREE ONE long enough to feel a PURCHASE would only be appropriate and FAIR.

A belated BIRTHDAY HOWDY to you and may success kick the living crap out of your front door!

73 and all that ham radio stuff. I don't remember which per-cent class I fall in to, but I think I wear the white hat! To ME this was "ham radio NEWS" and worthy of being a "GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT" (indeed so!)! I FOUND IT so to me that alone is NEWS worthy! Hi-Hi!

Old Senile Don:confused: WD5JOY

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.