ad: Schulman-1

Gerritsen Convicted in Jamming Case

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KA5IAK

KA5IAK Banned QRZ Page

One wonders how far his " freedom of speech" defense will go once inside the walls of the greybar hilton. Clearly he has no buisness with any kind of radio. Im all for freedom of speech but with that comes responsibility and reprocussions some of which may be unpleasent. In short "You can do and say anything you like as long as you are prepared to pay the price" Just my 2 cents worth. [​IMG]

2. K1XS

K1XS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm number 2 on the Nurd list-quite an honor, IMHO. Not sure what offense I committed to deserve such notice. I wonder if he has certificates suitable for framing?

Ken K1XS

3. KD5ZER

KD5ZER Guest

we dont want him either. yall keep him!
    73 rsn-206

4. N6USO

N6USO Ham Member QRZ Page

Charles and others, let me tell you a few things about Jack's Mental state.  First off, he has been in "PRO-PER" status for all of his court cases, both Federal and State.  He has a VERY LONG RAP SHEET, for tampering with a Jury, battery, vandalism and interfering with Police while performing their duties among many other violations.  He actions are/were willful and deliberate, not a "MEDICAL" condition.

To become "Pro-Per" you have to show a COMPETENT mental state, or you will not have that privilege.
    As for the 4 years, the FCC has to investigate and take the case to the US ATTORNEY, before anything can be done.  That takes awhile.  Called Government RED TAPE.

Now to answer some of your questions,
    Why would a person pick up a microphone and do the interference Jack was doing?  He believed he had a VALID license with the FCC and that for us to not allow him FREEDOM of Speech on the radio violated his rights.  When he was told that he had no license and that he had no rights to interfere with others, he got upset, hence his jamming and language.  By the way his license was only valid for 6 days prior to it being taken away in November 2002.  He had been unlicensed before that. His GMRS license was the same.
    Did he turn down the public defender?  YES, he did, read above comment about Pro-per Status.
    Did he have any cognitive control of his actions?  Yes, everything he did was intentional and damaging.
    Is he Diabetic? Yes, I believe type 2 is his status, but I can not verify that right now, I would have to check my records, but it is irrelevant.
    Why throw him in a federal prison for 15 years?  He deserves More, I guess if you lived here you would understand better.  He is looking at 11 years. Also, if he fails to pay his $52,000 in affirmed fines, the government will put a lean on his house, take their fines/fees and give Jack's family whatever is left.
    Again, I am not validating any of his actions but I can't help but wonder if there is an underlying issue we aren't hearing about.  I believe you are not validated his actions, but I believe you should be informed before you think this action was not warranted.
    Jack is on "DISABILITY" and doesn't work, and hasn't for awhile.  Your wonderful tax dollars have paid for him to buy his radios/amplifies/DVR recorders and have all the time in the world to cause havoc on a NORMAL society.

I hope this clears up a few things here.

As a local repeater owner here in LA that has been attack full force, it is good to see that we do get justice here, and can now enjoy our radios once again.

Be Safe,
    Deputy Burton Brink-N6USO
    Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept
    Temple Station
    626-285-7171
    Owner/Trustee of the 145.440- 136.5 (Tone) Repeater Sunset Ridge, Southern California
    www.qsl.net/n6uso

5. KC0LUL

KC0LUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Jack Gerritsen and Glen Baxter(K1MAN) both Needs a ham radio shoved up thier a**!

6. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

K1MAN probably decided to be the 1st. kid on the block to change his license to LIFETIME HAM OPERATOR LICENSE he figgures that he is saving taxpayer money for a license that saves paper as he probably sees it.

Just purely me own opinion.   [​IMG]

7. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

And now my inflated 3 cents worth of useless opinion   [​IMG]   Jack Gerritsen well if he lives long enough to plant tulips & Dasies in the Federal Slammer he may get to retire out when hes about 80 something. He may get Coal in his dinky lil Xmas Stocking !   Maybe when Glen Baxter gets convicted they may share the same cell if any one wants to send them a tin can on a string maybe a tin can with string network maybe a Wide Tin Can Network  WTCN  [​IMG]     or better yet how bout a tin can repeater ? !    [​IMG]

8. KC5BDK

KC5BDK Ham Member QRZ Page

well at least its gone

9. K6FAF

K6FAF Guest

Good!
    One down, one more to go!
    Let's keep our house clean, they are looking at us![​IMG]

10. K1LWI

K1LWI Ham Member QRZ Page

yes throw the book at him that is good news [​IMG]
    wendell

11. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Ham Member QRZ Page

But he is just mis understood ![​IMG]

12. W5JE

W5JE Ham Member QRZ Page

This guy is probably a sociopath (psychopath) and they do know the difference between right and wrong. Prisons are full of them.
    73 de W5JE

13. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder if he will receive a suspended sentence due to prison overcrowding. Due to the non-violent nature of his crimes, it would not surprise me if he only goes to prison for a short time, or for no time at all.

14. K2EDM

K2EDM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll say this again, because I do not believe anyone understood the significance of it..
    If we ignore these jokers, they WILL go away... But we hafta ignore 'em completely, to the point that they are not sure whether or not their xmtr is working. I know we get a "feel good" when we give 'em a verbal shot, but the attention is what they are looking for. Withdraw the attention and they will go do their thing somewhere else..
    It is important that no one give ANY indication that they have been heard, to the point that if their interferance is breaking up a QSO, those who leave the frequency do so with "I am destinated" or other valid excuse. Jamming with music must be ignored to the point that the repeater times out...
    There are many other ways to ignore these guys, including shutting down the repeaters' input frequency and cross-patching from (say) 440, but the key to all of 'em is that they must have no way of knowing that they are getting attention..
    The FCC is like a padlock, it keeps most of us at least close to the straight and narrow, but.......
    Ed

15. K2TFT

K2TFT Guest

Whatever happened to K1MAN ?....Just wondering...may have been brought up between here and the beginning but didn't want to read all the code/no code and other ineviatable childish b.s. to see.
    Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.