ad: QSLWorks-1

GERATOL NET RESUMES OPERATION

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by N1KL, Oct 7, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N1KL

N1KL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The GERATOL NET, which stands for: GREETINGS EXTRA RADIO AMATEURS TIRED of OPERATING LATELY, has launched their 2020/2021 season.
    geratollogo.jpg
    All properly licensed HAMs are welcome and encouraged to join this challenging Worked All States Net on 3.668MHZ starting at 0100Z each and every evening.

No need to be a member, or to hold a GERATOL number, simply check into the net any time. Of course, old timers are also welcome, and we look forward to new and old members joining us on frequency.

For more information, check out the GERATOL Website at: http://geratol.net

M1WML likes this.
  2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I provided a 2x1 NH to many in the 80-90's with a big signal heard coast to coast and elsewhere plus several Beverages to hear the weak ones. I may try it again if time allows.
    Dont think I ever registered?

Carl

M1WML likes this.
  3. N1KL

Hi Carl. I’ll check the database and see if you were ever issued a “GERATOL” number. We’d love to hear you back on the net some time. NH is always in demand. Thanks for the reply. N1KL. Kevin

M1WML likes this.
  4. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

I may try to check in again. I am a Navy Veteran (22 years) and, since I last checked in, have been licensed over 50 years. I don't believe I am registered. I have a modest top loaded vertical antenna for transmit (100 watts max) and a new MFJ low noise receive only loop which I am eager to try out..
    I am not on LOTW.
    Tom WA4ILH
    New Braunfels, TX

M1WML likes this.
  5. N1KL

Hi again Carl, sure enough, you already have a GERATOL # and I worked you back in 1993 on October 29th. I think I may have worked you with my old call, KQ1N at the time. At any rate, if you can put up with a small pile up, if you were to check in, I guarantee you would be inundated with calls. The nice part about the net, is that no QSLs are needed for the Endorsements, just the basic award, so the vast majority of calls are just to say hi, and swap numbers......all the best, Kevin N1KL Formerly, KQ1N

M1WML likes this.
  6. N1KL

Hi Tom, I too am a Navy Veteran. We actually have an Award called the Veteran's Salute award, for guys who work vets from all the services....

Give it a shot to check in, and we'd love to hear you on from Texas !!

Regards, Kevin N1KL

M1WML likes this.
  7. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Geritol (TM) was promoted by Arthur Godfrey who was an amateur operator, K4LIB.

M1WML likes this.
  8. K3IK

K3IK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi there. welcome back. nr 812. currently no 80 mtr antenna but working on it. "initial call". state PA.
    Ian, K3IK. I am on LOTW and if anyone needs QSL let me know by email: k3ik@arrl.net, and will go into my old paper logs and upload the info.

M1WML likes this.
  9. N1KL

How about that. I recall seeing GerItol being advertised on the Arthur G show, but did not know he was a HAM !! Wow. We spell our version GerAtol of course, so I bet Arthur (God rest his soul) would not complain on two fronts ! 1 Behing a HAM himself, and 2 it is spelled differently.

Thanks for the reply, and for that tidbit of trivia...very interesting...Kevin N1KL

M1WML likes this.
  10. N1KL

Hello Ian, great to hear from you. Gosh, you are what we call an "OLD TIME GERATOLer" with that three digit number. We hope you get that 80mtr antenna up, and are able to rejoin us some evening, and renew some old acquaintances.
    Thanks for the reply, and the info. 73, Kevin N1KL

M1WML likes this.
  11. K3IK

K3IK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am #812 and been off lower band HF for a while . need to get antenna back on air. Just to let you know, worked most of my Geratol using trap vertical ( a 4BTV with 80 meter coil) ground mounted and only one radial at times. 100w most of the time. from NE PA. Just requires a few late nights and persistence. BTW licensed 64 years and USAF vet.

M1WML likes this.
  12. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Kevin, send me a PM with that number and a password reset so I can log on.

I still have the same 180' high inverted V, 1200W; and several long Beverages that do need some repairs before Im ready for the weak ones.

Im also a USN vet, 28 years mostly Reserves.

Also helped Mike Traffie during the Hex Beam development. His son had medical issues which forced his attention away plus a certain G3 really gave him the shaft.

Carl
    Ham since 1955

M1WML likes this.
  13. KO2Q

KO2Q Lifetime Member 562 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I tried the GERATOL net back in the early 90s. At that time I had a 2x2 extra class format callsign (AA2AB) but that didn't seem to matter - you would only get called if you had a 1x2 or a 2x1 callsign. I got bored and put the GERATOL net in the rear view mirror for good.

The 3905 Century Club was a better fit for me - they don't judge you on the size of your callsign.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  14. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

I checked into the net years ago, and worked all states. I applied for an endorsement for my original WAS.
    I may even have a still valid number from someplace. Last time I checked in there were some other numbers that were relevant. Lots of confusion with my old calls and the holder of my present callsign.
    Maybe next year...
    Mike N3PM

M1WML likes this.
  15. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Will it be on Before the Procrastinators net, or after the Colostomy net??

M1WML likes this.