George Politzi K2ZZ SK Age 65

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Sep 20, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. W2CH

W2CH Ham Member QRZ Page

I am sorry to be late to tribute the passing of George K2ZZ. I just happened to look at QRZ and saw him listed about a year ago here. I too saw him at the
    2017 Boxboro convention, and learned he had moved from northeast Westchester County to Albany, NY, near his brother. I was glad when he established
    Radio Oasis and I bought products from him. I even won one of his inverted V antennas at Boxboro a couple of years ago. I remember his QSL card with
    the Corvette photo on it having worked him on 6 M from White Plains, NY. Now since January of this year I, and later Marylyn, KC2NKU reside in SE FL.
    We miss some of our friends up north, but will go to the Orlando Hamcation in February 2019 and meeet some of them there. However, in ending, We are
    very sorry that George died suddenly, at a young age, and for his contributions to Amateur Radio. Raymond Martin, W2CH, formerly Raymond Nahl

K2HAT likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Very sad to hear :( While I never met him, I have him in my log many times - the first being while he was ARRL CEO and I still have his paper QSL on display in my shack.

Condolences to all close to him. He will be missed.

Dave
    W7UUU

3. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Dave W7UUU,

K1ZZ DAVID G SUMNER was the ARRL CEO.

K2ZZ George Politzi, was my Friend and we had dinner together many times in the two years he lived walking distance from his Brothers,
    and 10 minutes from me by car.

4. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Two Years now, K2ZZ gone but not forgotten.

5. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

hi george mein herziche beileit vy73 DJOAJ ekrem

6. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

K2ZZ GEORGE ::VY73 DJOAJ ekrem