Gates BC1-H-1 for sale out West

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by W7TFO, Apr 24, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. W7TFO

W7TFO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

On 1360, working 1kW fine the day I pulled it out of service.

All good tubes included. This model has solid-state mod drivers.

$1K FOB Phoenix, free delivery within 200mi of 85139

73DG

KB4MC likes this.
  2. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

If I only had a real place to put this... It would be a crime to store it in the steel shed. I hope someone will get it & use it well.

Ed

KD2ACO likes this.
  3. W7TFO

Price reduction to $900.

73DG

N6YW likes this.
  4. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

An amazing price when you consider what it cost new and what it would cost to produce today.
    With some diligent hand work modifications, it's a true beast of wonderful AM power.
    Someone needs to grab it soon.

5. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Someone needs to buy this transmitter.

6. AL7RU

AL7RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeepers. Hold me back. I got the money I got no place to keep it and no place to operate it. I had a J model. Does the H have the refrigerator door front?

7. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems like every time a broadcast rig is available it is always at least 1000 miles away from me. We have the D104s but out west you all have the broadcash rigs. In a way it is a moot point for me because as long as I stay where I am, getting one would probably result in it sitting in my garage (along with a lot of other stuff) because getting it into my basement would mean opening up an outer wall and lowering it somehow with a hoist and I'm not ready for that. I'd love to have a nice out building on a slab with electricity gas and water, and a 10 foot high ceiling and a big garage door I could back up to and wheel a rig like that right in, but as long as I stay where I am that won't happen. So I'm trying to work up rigs in the 500 watt class that have broadcast mod. iron but are rack and panel jobs or no more than 6 feet high or can be broken down to manageable units and re-assembled.

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have pictures ?

9. W7TFO

I may have a good front door, maybe.

I'll get some pix later for you all.

73DG

10. AL7RU

AL7RU Ham Member QRZ Page

I looked on line. That's a little narrower than the J model. The J though did have windows for the modulator tubes. (after further investigation I see that the H1 has the PA and MOD tubes right next to each other.....viewable through the same window. The J model had a separate MOD deck below the PA and exciter.) This here below is an H1. Nice lookin rig that.

http://www.jtml.info/BC1H1/BC1H1-10.html

I couldn't dig out the jpg location so you'll have to look it up yourself. Somebody needs to buy this one.

Dan
    AL7RU

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016