ad: k1jek

Gates 833A tube.

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N4WLL, Jun 27, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. W3SLK

W3SLK Ham Member QRZ Page

It doesn't look near as imposing with all the iron out of it!

N4WLL likes this.
  2. W7TFO

W7TFO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The only 1G I had was a junker.

A fire in the main wire loom made a real mess, as it happened at a remote control site and no one was around to open the breakers.

Not a bad deal for good iron @ $200 local.

73DG

3. N4WLL

N4WLL Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, looks like it suffered one slight bit of damage. Where do I need to look for two of these? The top and bottom one cracked.

IMG_20210630_144555646.jpg

4. W7TFO

I've got those.

Send me the measurements and I'll mail you some.

73DG

5. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Whatever you do with a 1G, at least hang onto one of the cabinet skins, the one that's straight sheet metal with no vents. With the re-enforcing on the inside, they make a pretty good ramp for unloading 1 KW iron if you're working alone and your name isn't Charles Atlas. Get a piece of carpet for sliding down the smooth side and anchor the ramp end on the pavement so it doesn't skoot up or away. unloading_ramp - 1.jpeg Throw the carpet patch carpet side down on the tail gate and teeter the iron on to it and up on the ramp edge, then tip it over the top and slide it down. Then work it onto a dolly. Keep your toes out from under the ramp to be on the safe side.

unloaded_iron - 1.jpeg

AC0OB, N4WLL and W2VW like this.
  6. N4WLL

Which measurements do you need, length and diameter?

7. W7TFO

Length and thread size; it will be either 10-32 or 1/4-20.

73DG

8. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

More Gates: Driver for sale; 810s driven by 813. Seller says it's from BC5 or 10. I'm guessing give it 5 watts on the grid of the 813 and you have 250 watt rig. You need to add h.v. supply, input and output networks and modulator.
    https://swap.qth.com/view_photo.php?counter=1544272

9. N4WLL

For some reason my reply weeks ago never sent. I didn't notice until now. They are 1/4-20

10. N4WLL

And it is hard to tell because of the way they broke, but it looks like they are 2¾" long.