ad: portazero-1

GAS Powered RC Helicopter Project

Discussion in 'General Merchandise' started by WB2GLW, Jul 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
  1. WB2GLW

WB2GLW Ham Member QRZ Page

I was donated a gas powered helicopter project to keep my RC Trucks on the road.. I visit a adult assisted living home,, and I use RC in tutoring youth. I am disabled myself and live on SSD.. I have one RC truck that I can use at this time.. I need the proceeds from the helicopter to finishing working on other trucks,, and to buy another truck or 2.

This helicopter is missing the blades and the motor and radio,. otherwise it seems to be all there.. I am not a RC or Helicopter expert..

Asking $750 cash

Attached Files:

2. W3JJW

W3JJW Subscriber QRZ Page

Just want to help you out, but there is a good reason it was given away. Unless that comes with parts and pieces, there aren't many that can/could get that running again. Kits come and go, and once the support is gone, parts are too.

Maybe if you listed the individual makers of the components...but gas helicopters are almost dinosaurs now with LiPos around. And that's a fly-bar swash...so that's also pretty old school, like 1990's...pre-flight controller tech, which is now all but ubiquitous. You are counting on a handful of pilots, and none of them save me are here. And almost none fly fly-bar anymore. Maybe literally none.

You would likely need to invest 750 or more to get that going...and it would remain inferior to anything currently produced.

Best of luck,
    jay

3. WB2GLW

WB2GLW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Jay

Thanks for the input.. I just have to make the best of what I have to support the community service via the RC trucks..

I was told it could be made electric with fly bar or wet bar :))

Mike WB2GLW