Gallagher's Latest Screed

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W6UV, Jan 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Just don’t call him Late For Dinner!

[cue: rimshot]

W5WN likes this.
  2. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's face it. The guy was hired, not for his sincere interest in and dedication to amateur radio, but because of his resume. He is the stereotypical "suit" who comes along to "save" the company. The only difference with doing so at ARRL is that he gets to write blathering, almost exclusively negative, editorials in the company's publication. He's definitely not a Sumner, et al. Too bad too. He'll never be "one of the guys"...unless he dumps the $1000 suit escapade. (my 2 cents is in the mail)

3. N0JI

N0JI Ham Member QRZ Page

I love it when he smashes watermelons.....

NK2U, WA6MHZ and N2UHC like this.
  4. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

AND DON'T YOU WANNA KNOW HOW IT WORKS?!?

5. K2XT

K2XT Subscriber QRZ Page

WA6MHZ and N4MU like this.
  6. AD5MB

AD5MB Ham Member QRZ Page

WZ7U and K2XT like this.
  7. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh great another arrl thread for me to be embarrassed about.

Will you people PLEASE contain your drama to an arrl website? Youre off the rails. Go away.

8. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

" Doesn't Gallagher have better things to do than editorialize about how television programs depict amateur radio and hams? I thought his "Open Letter" hatchet job on N6VHF was dumb, but this one is just plain hilarious. "

You sure are sensitive for a guy that demeans other people's beliefs on your signature line and in your Avatar. I pity you.

WU8Y and WZ7U like this.
  9. K4HX

K4HX Ham Member QRZ Page

There were four letters in the Correspondence section of the November 1946 QST regarding the use 0f the term handle. Gallagher sure is beating an old horse, if not a dead one.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  10. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

I was thinking "schmuck".