ad: UR5CDX-1

G3NVC Trevor Howard Barnet Herts

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by G3NVM, May 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G3NVM

G3NVM Ham Member QRZ Page

Trevor passed away some several years ago although I see his QRZ details are still active. Could QRZ Moderators please action as deceased .

Trevor had an interest in Radio for many years and was a very active Member of the Barnet Radio Club .

His early Career included a stint in the the Merchant Navy where he served as a Radio Officer. His last posting was with the United Towing Company in Hull working on the Deep Sea Salvage Tug Englishman.

Our early paths crossed when we met up both studying in London for our Radio Officer Ticket . On completion we both went our seperate ways.

I ended up on Oil Tankers trading between the Persian Gulf and Australia alternating voyages to Rotterdam.

On one of the Voyages from Rotterdam to the Persian Gulf whilst in the Red Sea we passed the st Englishman which was towing an Oil Drilling Rig from the UK to the Persian Gulf . We went quite close altering course and slowing down as we passed the st Englishman, we were close enough to wave at each other and quickly bid farewell as we disappeared over the horizon.

Trevor was a great mate and we kept in touch over the years and met up once a year for a rag chew.

RIP Trevor free from pain , stress and worry . I am sure you are now QTHr in an area of good radio reception and having endless personal QSO' s with all your old Merchant Navy Buddies .