FYI Palm Keys

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by N8AFT, Feb 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. M6GYU

M6GYU Ham Member QRZ Page

One of those palm paddles went on ebay in the UK for £155 recently!! They weren't bought to sit on a shelf and be admired for their looks - they were functional keys which also had built in housing for carrying.

AJ6KZ likes this.
  2. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. AJ6KZ

AJ6KZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Or a pine tree!

4. AJ6KZ

That's a lot. However, I was watching one on eBay this past summer and near the end of the auction the price was already over $150, and in a few seconds the auction ended with the final price at $450! Unbelievable...

5. AJ6KZ

I managed to get my hands on one before they went over-the-top expensive. I will say that it is better than "fine." It feels great and is protected when going portable. I even considered using it instead of my Vibroplex but opted to save it for my SOTA and portable stuff.

M6GYU likes this.
  6. SM0XHJ

SM0XHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, impressive! So my key might have been better investment than my stocks! But I'm keeping my key...
    At those prises, maybe someone like MFJ or Kent could license the rights and start producing them again?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    AJ6KZ and M6GYU like this.
  7. AJ6KZ

It would be great, especially if they produced an identical version. This key looks like a pretty neat substitute, however. It doesn't slide into its own case, but it does look solid. I'm planning on getting one down the road to try it out.

M6GYU likes this.
  8. K5DH

K5DH Ham Member QRZ Page

I love my Palm iambic paddle, but if I could get $450 for it, I'd sell it in a heartbeat. There are other alternatives that would work just fine. . .

AJ6KZ and M6GYU like this.
  9. AA4OO

AA4OO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's too bad. I wasn't aware they went under. I always use my Palm Paddle for portable operations. I can't imagine having to deal with a real key when I'm operating portable without a table. When I'm in a park or operating outside it seems I never have a table to place a key.

I just hold the case of the paddle while operating.

[​IMG]

AJ6KZ likes this.
  10. AJ6KZ

Another Palm Mini just listed on eBay starting at $399. :)