ad: AxlesAnt-1

FYI Palm Keys

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by N8AFT, Feb 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

While visiting the Morse Express web site I went to browse the Palm Key page and found they ceased production in September.
    Marshall still has some products in stock but there will be no more when it's gone.
    If you've been putting off the purchase of a Palm Key product you'd better get with it and order soon.

2. N8TGQ

N8TGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

There are no actual keys left, just parts and accessories. People were scrambling and scouring for the keys as soon as the shutdown was announced.

AG5DB likes this.
  3. N1HM

N1HM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Were these keys that popular?

4. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

For outdoor station sitting under a "Palm Tree" :D

5. KI7YWE

KI7YWE Ham Member QRZ Page

I see a lot of SOTA peeps use them.

6. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

There are a few small printed keys that are certainly "good enough."

If there were that much demand and money in it, for that level of Pico product, someone else would be picking-up the slack. I'm not seeing it. Probably because the inexpensive keys are good enough. No, they're not "watch-like quality," but they work just fine.

7. N8TGQ

N8TGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

No, they're not "watch-like quality," but they work just fine.

To some people it's the status - they gotta have Bose headphones and Heil microphones. They drive Mecedes instead of VWs. They wear Patagonia instead of Walmart. Its good old consumerism!

K6MAA likes this.
  8. KI7YWE

KI7YWE Ham Member QRZ Page

I 3D printed a set, and replaced the spring with strong magnets. It's a decent key for practice. The only real issue is I printed it in PLA plastic, and I live in the desert. I'd have a puddle in my car if I forgot it in there.

9. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I got one of those printed keys and it did melt in my car.