Funk Amateur antenna analyzer

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by KG5HEM, Jun 23, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KG5HEM

KG5HEM Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The people that make it should know.

I can make something up if you would like.

90 days is a normal answer.

3. VK4FFAB

VK4FFAB Subscriber QRZ Page

42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything. I think this question falls under everything. The answer is 42.

Looks like they did a run and sold out.

W8ARD likes this.
  4. DL3LK

DL3LK Ham Member QRZ Page

Funkamateur online shop is momentarily offline :

"Due to maintenance work in connection with the DSGVO, our online shop is currently not available, please try again at a later date."

.... or call by phone 0049 30 44 66 94 72.

They sell a new one FA-VA5. It is mostly the same as VA4 but has a USB connection and
    works up to 500MHz.
    73 de DL3lk

5. KG5HEM

Thanks Volker, since the website is down I have not seen the price of the VA5, or if the VA-4 will be discontinued.

6. DL3LK

Hello ...

The price for the FA-VA5 is 179 Euro. The VA4 was 149 Euro.

7. DL3LK

I found my catalog

Attached Files:

• va5.jpg
      va5.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
  8. VK2HHS

VK2HHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh NO! That means I have to buy another one ...

9. AI4RA

AI4RA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The website appears to be back up now. The FA-VA-5 analyzer is available and costs 179 Euros, so somewhere around $210. It does say $189 not including the German Value Added Tax (not sure how much that is, so probably will be over $200 when that is added in). It looks like a capable piece of equipment and a bit cheaper than the equivalent from MFJ. Thanks for the info about Funkamateur; I was not aware of them until now. It is in German and there doesn't appear to be an English version of the site. Since my mom is German, I learned a little German growing up and can actually read some of what is on that website, although I don't know many words because of my limited German vocabulary!

The FA-VA-5 analyzer has a frequency range of 0.01 to 600 MHz, an SWR measuring range of 1.0 to 100, a weight of about 280 g (about 0.6 lb, including batteries), and external dimensions of 127mm x 86mm x 23mm (5" x 3.4" x .9"). This looks like a nice unit; if it works as advertised and is accurate, I may replace my MFJ-259B with it someday!

Here's the link:

https://www.box73.de/product_info.php?products_id=4019

10. KG5HEM