Full-timer

Discussion in 'RV Operating and Camping' started by KG5EXW, Feb 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Another full-timer is; Roger (RED) - K5ALU.

Steve / W5BIB

2. KF5YU

KF5YU Ham Member QRZ Page

We are on our 3rd year of full time and loving it. We winter in Texas and travel the rest of the time. Just put an HF rig in the RV last week and changed my FCC address to a mail service with no problems.

Roy KF5YU

3. KG5EXW

KG5EXW Ham Member QRZ Page

K guys, thanks for all the feedback that's coming in now. The plan is beginning to get more of an outline.

4. KE0JIT

KE0JIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I was thinking similarly. Military folk have this problem. Years back I would rest my head elsewhere but kept the same legal residence. It's from your residence you pay taxes and can vote. It might be wise to consult council, but I suspect the FCC has other enforcement concern other than your domicile.

5. AF9US

AF9US Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KG5EXW:

I believe you will find Roads Less Traveled website to be helpful: http://roadslesstraveled.us/full-time-rv/.

It's how I found out what to do when I hit the road in a couple of months.

Regards,
    Bernie, AF9US

6. KC3OK

KC3OK Ham Member QRZ Page

My XYL and I have owned an RV of some type since 1970 and decided to plan to become full timers five years prior to 2002 when we sold our house and our kids and launched what would become an 11 year adventure. In 2013 we resettled onto a horse farm in the beautiful Lehigh Valley. Our legal address was Sioux Falls, SD, where we voted and maintained our residency for all of our full time adventure. We were not really retired. My wife was employed as a travel nurse and I earned my RVIA master Tech certification and worked as an RV technician at whatever location we chose to explore which was generally in the southwest USA. We did, however, spend a few summers in Pennsylvania and two in Canada and Alaska as well as doing a part time fling serving as Wagon Masters or Tailgunners for Fantasy RV tours in Canada, Alaska and Mexico. I had ham gear with me, but worked very little mobile since my multi mode multi almost everything was not safe to use while pulling a large fifth wheel. The five year planning time was spent selling off all my woodworking tools and other hobby items before we hit the road. Our annual camping fees were lower than the annual taxes that we paid on our home in the Cheltenham area of Philadelphia. We are really enjoying our new location in North Western Lehigh.

K0PIR likes this.
  7. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

Escapees website has most of your answers. Especially read the article on domaciles.
    Note how many hams live in livingston tx!

K5BVL likes this.