Full-timer

Discussion in 'RV Operating and Camping' started by KG5EXW, Feb 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KG5EXW

KG5EXW Ham Member QRZ Page

Say you want to become a full-time RVer ... under what address would you register/renew your FCC license and how would you accommodate your permanently changing grid/QTH in your QSO uploads to QRZ/LotW?

2. AC0GV

AC0GV Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, no replies. You will need some one to forward mail. I use http://www.yourbestaddress.com/ . They collect your mail and send it to you at your requested location. You then can use South Dakota as your home state with good tax advantages. There are many, this is just what I picked due to ties to the state.

ac0gv

K7WFM likes this.
  3. KG5EXW

K. Thank you for giving me starting points.
    How does the mail forwarding service tie in with the address the FCC needs for your ticket?

4. AC0GV

AC0GV Ham Member QRZ Page

FCC will not know the difference. It is a valid address, you can get SD drivers license, RV plates, you can even vote there by absentee.

5. KG5EXW

Thank you very much.

6. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

You must use your legal domiciled address. That could be in SD - or anywhere but it will be necessary to "prove" that the address is domicile. Google domicile and you will have a better understanding. The SD, TX and FL "domiciles" can cause problems for you, possibly, with other situations...drivers licenses...tax requirements...real property...etc. The FCC probably could care less what you use. It's all the other things that should be tied together the same. - A fulltimer since February of 2016...in FL (but now domiciled there too). Have fun full-timing!

KG5EXW likes this.
  7. KG5EXW

Thank you.
    Got a couple of years yet but this strikes me as something that needs good research and planning in order to be a successful (ad)venture.

8. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

EXW: I should temper my reply. I should have said, "SHOULD use..." instead of must use. Although I am sure must wouldn't be a bad thing to do. I have just been through the fulltimer change of life and if you would like to discuss I would be happy to do so via private email. It's really not as daunting as it sounds but there are concerns that are not usually brought up on the "first page" that you should be aware of. Contact me via my email and I'll continue to help (I hope). Nice to see another FT ham on the road. We live 24/7/365 in our fifth wheel in FL but bought another smaller travel trailer that we will use on a 3 month journey this year (hate dragging the "house" around). Let me know if I may help. BTW, how did you ever miss WV and FL in your journeys? LOL.

9. NX6ED

NX6ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Same address you use for IRS, DMV, etc...

KE0JIT likes this.
  10. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

In most cases I'd say , "Yes."