ad: elecraft

Full Logbook Access...

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N8ACJ, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W4FJS

W4FJS Ham Member QRZ Page

how to confrim a contact

I don't know if paying the full amount works or not. I am a
    Premium Subscriber and still don't know how to confrim a contact. Where do I find this info at. I have over 50 some conyacts that don't have anything by them. How do you make them seen, confirm,or even delet??

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Open your logbook by clicking on the Logbook button near your Calllsign button on the upper right of your QRZ Callsign page.

The entries in your logbook that you originated are referred to as “outgoing” QSO records and the entries that you receive from another are referred to as “incoming” QSO records. The party that originates the record believes it to be correct therefore it is the responsibility of the party receiving the record to confirm it. If that party has yet to open its logbook, the record remains “unseen” and hence unconfirmed.

When the receiving party opens its logbook, that party may choose to confirm it, or edit it, or reject it. If that party does nothing then it is marked as “seen” but it remains unconfirmed until acted upon.

If one party chooses to EDIT a QSO record then it becomes "flagged" so that the other party is made aware of the edit. Then is up to the last party-in-turn to confirm or reject the QSO and in the interim it will remain flagged

3. W4FJS

W4FJS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for this sure helps 73's

4. 9W6ZAM

9W6ZAM Ham Member QRZ Page

Subscriptions Options

Hi guys,

I just reinstalled Win 7 on my PC after being hit by a virus.
    After installing Win 7, I realize that I has not even had a chance to
    save my contact log from my PC. Lucky for me that I made a contact
    logbook from QRZ.COM.

Could someone tell me what type of Subscriptions is applicable for downloading or just for viewing all our contact that logged in QRZ.COM.

Thanks in advance.....:)

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

To be able to download and upload and have full use you must be subscribed at the XML or higher level.

6. WB4IUY

WB4IUY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Love it, works great for me.

I'm an XML subscriber for my ACLog program, and have been for a couple of years. Works great and is stable. Never recall having a situation where y ap couldn't access the data.

Dave
    www.WB4IUY.net

7. KJ4YQK

KJ4YQK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Dave, I went ahead and sign up today. I went ahead and ran a quick test of the xml lookup, that works good.

I have 22 contacts so far in my log. I guess when I make an entry the QRZ program makes an entry into the other call logbook. If that person is sign up as a user of QRZ website (non-paying member or paying) views thier log they have a option to comfirm contact. Is that correct?

I do like the online log book, I am curerently preparing to write my own logging program where I use the QRZ lookup to get the details about the contact and adding fields for my database for comments and notes.

Does QRZ carry most of the overseas call signs like above 60 percent? Always wonder about that, I know how they get the US callsigns.

Thanks, David

8. WB4IUY

WB4IUY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, that's correct. In the last 2 years I've never had a time when the xml wasn't available...it always works good for me.

I'm assuming so, I've never entered a DX call that wasn't in QRZ. I'd have to think they have most all of the DX calls in the database.

Dave WB4IUY
    www.WB4IUY.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.