ad: seapac-1

Full Logbook Access...

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by N8ACJ, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N8ACJ

N8ACJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly who and how much cash does it take to get full access to the Logbook??? This is getting rediculious... Who is confirming and who is not???

Andy N8OFS

2. KG4TKC

KG4TKC Ham Member QRZ Page

Becoming a paying member gets full access from what I understand. It seems to be pretty hush-hush as to how limited the non-paying members functionality is,but apparently it is pretty limited. It is probably directed toward giving you a sample in hopes you will choose to pay-up. All members are included in the logbook program by default,you must opt-out if you do not wish to participate. I would love to see a post from Fred as to exactly the functionality for the non-paying member. Then you would have clear choices when making your decision on how or whether you wish to participate. I personally dislike being 'opted-in' to something without the opportunity to weigh its benefits and drawbacks to me on my own.

3. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator QRZ Page

A subscription to full logging features is $29.95 per year. Check it out at https://secure.qrz.com/subscribe

Sorry for the details to be less-than-evident. We're not intentionally being hush-hush about it but rather we simply haven't yet gotten around to describing all the features and benefits.

A user guide and FAQ is being written now. It should be online within a week or so.

4. G6OTZ

G6OTZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Doh.

I guess I'll have to put it down to a life lesson, having spent $19.95 (I don't mind the ads, they come in handy), it now seems a poor invetsment. If it had been clear I would have paid the $29.95 just like I pay for the QRZ CD, but I'm not paying $49.90 I can't justify that.

Andrew

5. KB8JNE

KB8JNE Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I too have been lured in by not having this info available. It would sure be nice if I was told up front that I would have limited access to the QSOs I logged myself as a free member of the site. I now have 32 contacts logged and I can only see a few of them. I cannot change the view to see who has responded and sorry, I am not planning on paying for the service. I like cards. Physical cards I can hang on my wall and show the kids and grandchildren, you remember, like it used to be. I just thought this would be a way for the foreign contacts to make a confirmation while waiting to send the actual paper cards. So much for that. Now I need to Opt Out so I don't give folks a false hope that I am actually able to see their confirmations.

KB8JNE - out.

6. W3NRL

W3NRL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And I paid for this....

before putting up a system please get the bugs out
    Still cant get the flagged guys
    some time they pop up with the check and "X: and some time they don't
    most of the time they don't
    and why when i set the page count to 500 it always resets to 15??????????????
    i am losing my patience with this thing

7. KB3PXZ

KB3PXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have logged several contacts in the last two months. Most to areas I have never contacted before. Now my log is being held hostage until I pay to get it back. This is just bad business QRZ.I dont need access to all of your features just allow me to export my log in a standard format

8. KJ4YQK

KJ4YQK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I posted another thread similiar to this. I am trying out the log for the first time before I decide to sign up. I like the forms so far. I was a little susprize to not to see any status on my contacts, when the contacts log me. I had to dig by looking at their logs.

I guess until I sign up, I will not see a confirm. Here is the next question about the log for anybody that uses it. Are you happy with it?

How good is the xml feed, is it reliable? Thinking about writing a little desktop (web app) app that requests the xml.

Anyway my experience on the site has has been good, and I see the value of QRZ. Does this site have a quick start guy besides the first posting in the forums?

I do like the advertizement on the site. Found some companies and products I did not know about before.

signing up soon after I pay for my new Flex radio,
    David
    KJ4YQK

9. KE3FG

KE3FG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am happy with the logbook, and I will be even happier with it when the bugs are worked out and more people will confirm their QSOs. But this will take time, and I have confidence that Fred is committed to making the QRZ logbook useful and easy to use.

10. KE1CY

KE1CY Ham Member QRZ Page

Fooled me?

I should have remembered "No Free Lunches" when I started this - but apparently half of the contacts I've entered are not visible until I subscribe. And here I participated in the trial period when the logging system was being tested and debugged.

Perhaps you could put a clear message on the webpage saying "Trial only - subscribe now to see all of your QSO data." That at least would have saved so much frustration of the unknown...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.