ad: wmr-1

Ftm-400xdr adms7

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by W4CQB, Oct 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. W4CQB

W4CQB Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone have any experience with using the adms7 software? I can not for the life of me get it to program my ftm-400xdr. I've tried to use an sd card and hoot the base to my laptop with out any luck.

2. WB8NQW

WB8NQW Ham Member QRZ Page

You do have the USB cable to connect the FTM-400 to the computer? The first time you connect the radio to the computer the software will need to read the radio as the first step - apparently so they know each other. If you have entered data into the file before connecting the radio, the data you entered will be replaced by the radio data unless you tell the software to load into a different file. After that it is a matter of connecting the radio to the computer, selecting the communication mode, deciding whether to read the radio or send data to the radio and follow the instructions on screen.

3. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Ditch the Yaesu software and get the RT Systems software instead. It works the first time and every time. The only complaint I've ever heard or seen about RT Systems is that they didn't make software for a particular radio.