FTM-100DR / TX ERROR in Wires-X Mode

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K4RCL, Jan 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K4RCL

K4RCL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all!

Recently passed my exam and I'm just waiting to appear in the database.

I recently purchased a Yaesu FTM 100 DR to use as a base. I used RT systems to load in local repeaters from repeaterbook and after doing so I connected to a Fusion repeater. I then went into Wires-X Mode but when I hear nothing. I also do not have any other room options as it says "not connected" when I go to change rooms. For giggles I keyes the hand held and it said TX Error.

Just making sure this is all working correctly. Any help is appreciated!

2. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Set the communication mode to AMs or DN with the DX button, then press and hold the DX button

3. K4RCL

It still says "can not connect"

4. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

DN should appear on the far right of the display. Have you downloaded the ftm100dr wires-x manual from yaesu.com?

5. K4RCL

I have and everything seems correct. Not sure what I’m missing.

6. WA0CBW

WA0CBW Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the repeater configured for WiresX?
    Bill

7. W4EAE

W4EAE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I tested with my radio; and if no callsign has been entered, it will not allow transmission on C4FM. You may simply have to wait until you have a callsign.

In any case, before you try to make the Wires-X connection, see if you can key the repeater that you are trying to access. Set the radio to proper frequency and set the mode to DN, then key the mic. You should get a return from the repeater and the radio will give a short beep if you are within range and have the frequencies correctly set. This will let you know if you are crossing the first hurdle. Wires-X could never work if this doesn't work.

Also, be aware that Repeaterbook is manually updated. I find that the information there for digital repeaters in particular is often inaccurate. It is good to use as a guide, but do not expect it to be 100% correct.

8. K4RCL

Now, oddly enough, it's all working and I didn't change anything. Not sure what changed elsewhere if anything but I'm able to go into rooms and listen. Sounds great!

I appreciate everyone! Hope to have my call soon. I've heard some folks get theirs the day after testing and some waiting weeks. Hopefully I'm the first one!

Thanks again, all!

9. W4EAE

W4EAE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There is quarterly testing done here locally, always on a Saturday. As long as the following Monday is not a federal holiday, the licenses show in ULS on that Monday.

Whatever is holding it up elsewhere, I don't think that it is the FCC.

10. K4RCL

I'm official! KJ7LYN.

Now I just need to get it updated in here.