FTDX-3000

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by VK4DX, Jan 22, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VK4DX

VK4DX Ham Member QRZ Page

G'day!

Is there any difference between FTDX-3000 and FTDX-3000D. They all seem to be branded FTDX-3000 on the radio itself, but I've seen FTDX-3000D printed on the packaging. Some dealers advertise them as 3000, some others as 3000D ... go figure. Was there a "D" revision since the first 3000 model came out?

I saw one of the dealers here who is selling them stating the following: Major update on FTDX-3000D radios sold by us from July 2015. I emailed them to ask what's updated but haven't received the reply yet.

Also, there seem to be D, DM and DS versions (possibly only in Japan), does anyone know the difference between them?

2. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, maybe there are some differences, I don't know. I bought my 3000 in January of last year. The radio itself says FTDX3000 and the box FTDX3000D. Here's the Yaesu brochure that's confusing as well.

Attached Files:

3. VK4DX

VK4DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Haha, that's the one I had too, go figure.

I heard from the dealer back, he said the same - there was ever one model only, the radio is branded as 3000, the box is 3000D. The major update he was referring to was the firmware update, apparently quite a few annoyances fixed.

Thanks anyway, I'll be ordering my radio on Monday, I can't wait next weekend

4. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

Regardless, you'll be very happy (I think) with the radio. I absolutely love mine. I upgraded from an Icom 7000 (which is also a nice little radio). I do SSB and JT modes (especially right now) and it works fantastic. I'm glad I bought one.

5. VK4KPM

VK4KPM Ham Member QRZ Page

Mine is a Ft3000DX. I have had it for a few years but never used much. Setting up a better QTH now and have just noticed it has no lets to prop the front up. Found that somewhat odd.

6. KC9LOO

KC9LOO Ham Member QRZ Page

The FTDX3000 does not have the wire bail in the front to prop it up, the front legs will extend down and lock into position to raise the front.
    See owners manual for reference to it. Or just google and you should find something.
    Mine just twist to unlock and pull down and lock for raising the front.