FTdx-3000 HRO 60 Meter Modification Kit

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4JDY, Jan 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W4JDY

W4JDY Ham Member QRZ Page

Has anyone purchased and installed this FTdx-3000 60 meter modification kit? And if so, what does it provide beyond shorting a circuit board jumper?

For those who have shorted the FTdx-3000 circuit board jumper to enable 60 meter transmission, does the radio display the correct transmission frequency? Are there any features one loses after shorting the circuit board pad?

Joe Yuna
    W4JDY1953@gmail.com

2. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Huh? My ftDX3000 came from Yaesu with 60m activated. The correct channels are in it. Check page 35 in the manual.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    W5TTW likes this.
  3. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Joe,

I have not purchased the kit but I did perform the MARS modification. The entire 60 meter band becomes available on the radio and there were no features that I lost.

Mark

4. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Joe is asking about being able to open the entire band up so that (presumably) he can tune to the FT8 frequencies and be able to transmit without having to hit the V/M button each time to return to the pre-programmed frequency. It also facilitates using Rig for Split operations in WSJT-X on 60 meters.

That is why I did the MARS modification to my radio - the procedure for using the FTDX3000 on 60 meter for FT8 is kludgy and can caused missed QSOs.

Best regards,

Mark

5. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Mine too.

6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

If it's for FT-8 then nevermind. It's illegal on all bands now.

docter400.jpg

VK6APZ, WD8T, K3LI and 1 other person like this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Only the US and UK versions came with 60m enabled.

But if the radio is from either US or UK here are the instructions....

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2020-1-6_9-8-14.png

N2PQW and KA4DPO like this.
  8. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

I already posted the page number above. COPY CAT!!

KA4DPO likes this.
  9. W4JDY

Thanks everyone, as the original pre-programmed frequencies are no longer valid for transmission even in the US.

10. W4JDY

FT8 i not illegal ... where is this ruling and when?