FTDX-1200 TX red light flashing

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by YC1UTC, Apr 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. YC1UTC

YC1UTC Ham Member QRZ Page

FTDX-1200 not used for a while, suddenly when radio turned on TX red light flashing.
    Receiver is normal but TX cannot transmit, either PTT pressed or MOX button pushed radio no response.
    Checked all voltage line aither in PA-Unit module and Control-Unit module everything is fine.
    Something interested is fan always running, is it running as designed?

Some advice from googling indicate to plug off the power supply cable without turn off the radio, and wait for a view hours before replug again.
    The ideas was done but result is same.

Wondering if anyone have the same problem. Appreciate if anyone can share here. Thanks in advance.

73. Nuril YC1UTC.

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

What does the manual tell you about the meaning of the alarm?

3. KG5THG

KG5THG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Seems the mic lock button being depressed when the radio is turned on is very common.

4. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Do you have a CW key plugged in? If so try unplugging it. Also unplug your mic and see what happens.
    Been there, done that.

5. WS4JM

WS4JM Ham Member QRZ Page

My FTDX-3000 does that if the shorting bar on my key is closed at turn on. Check your key. Opening the shorting bar stops the light flashing immediately and resumes normal operation

6. YC1UTC

Nothing tellabout that

7. YC1UTC

I unplugged everything accessories attached also opened the radio and detached and attched again all flexible at Control Unit module, but didn't help yet.

8. YC1UTC

I unplugged everything accessories attached also opened the radio cover and detached and attched again all flexible at Control Unit module, but didn't help.

9. YC1UTC

I am not sure what you mean with the shorting bar, is it the PTT key?

10. YC1UTC

I unplugged the microphone, but no result