ft991a usb driver problems

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by HB9GWS, Mar 10, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. HB9GWS

HB9GWS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dear all
    Can anybody give me a hand?
    I wanted to connect my ft991a via USB to a Win 10 laptop. On the Yaesu Website, I found the latest drivers. Unfortunately, I begun installation before reading the manual..... means: I connected the USB cable BEFORE installing the driver. The result is that Win 10 obviously assigned a standard driver during the first connection. I am not able to force Win 10 to change the driver again. I can deinstall and install the correct Yaesu driver, but whenever I reconnect the USB cable, an "unknown device" appears, the Silicon Labs drivers are not shown at all. I even cannot change the driver for the "unknown device" since I only have the exe driver file which is not accepted by the corresponding menu point in the device manager.
    What could I try?
    Thank you very much and 73 de
    Markus HB9GWS

2. PY2RAF

PY2RAF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi @HB9GWS

Here it is - done in Windows 7; I think there shouldn't be much of an hassle in Windows 10.

1. Open the Windows Device Manager, find in "Other Devices" the "Enhanced" and "Standard Com Port" flagged with an yellow warning symbol
    [​IMG]

2. Download the driver from the Yaesu website
    [​IMG]

3. Open the downloaded zip file. Click on "Extract All Files"
    [​IMG]

4. Extract files at C:\yaesu
    [​IMG]

5. Go back to Device Manager. Right click the Enhanced Com Port. Click "Update Driver Software".
    [​IMG]

6. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
    [​IMG]

7. Type c:\yaesu and click "Next"
    [​IMG]

8. Success!
    [​IMG]

9. Repeat steps 5-8 for the Standard Com Port
    [​IMG]

10. And then finally, when everything is all set and good:
    [​IMG]

You're done. Good luck!