FT8 Using Real FSK

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by VK4TS, Jul 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Rege

2. KW4TI

KW4TI Ham Member QRZ Page

I got my BS/MS/PhD from UIUC and knew Steve Franke while I was there, though I was not active in Synton, the UIUC amateur radio club, because that required money and time, both things I was chronically short of when a student. It makes you appreciate the students who do get involved in ham radio there because they are doing this extra-curricular activity on top of their classwork and research, which for UIUC ECE is extremely intense. But if I can get back to Champaign again I think I'll look him up if he's around and wants to talk. I have many friends there but haven't been back for 5 years...

It's not uncommon for college professors in the sciences to maintain a low profile, as they would tend to get a lot of e-mails and such from cranks, peddlers, or other unneeded distractions. My wife who is a physics professor gets a lot of these, and her main publicly available information is her research group web page, which in many cases you need to have to attract prospective students.

Dan