FT8 Split Mode - how to?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KD2NOM, Sep 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! A blast from the past - I've got 9,000 plus FT8 QSO's since then.

I done figured it out.

K5URU likes this.
  2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe for the DX. But when folks operate on top of me they're increasing my congestion. :eek:

ND6M and W4NNF like this.
  3. VK4AQJ

VK4AQJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A little reminder about a part of your rig that many FT8 operators have forgotten how to use. It's called the tuning dial. Band Plans have been described as gentlemen's agreements, but they are usually defined by how the band is actually used. Somebody writes some software and the bandplan changes.

There is a problem with the term "gentleman's agreement". Many Hams these days are not gentlemen, and (2) getting radio amateurs to agree on anything is like herding cats. I can't ever remember agreeing to anything that is not defined in my licence. RTTY "bandplans" during contests is a good example of that.

I can't remember the last time I heard any JT9 on air. There is a lot of unused bandwidth out there. "Is this frequency in use?" usually works.

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you're out playing golf how would you know?

5. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

No, no, no. I said "tea time" not "tee time." :p

KP4SX likes this.
  6. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Dude. I worked you last May. We used to live in Princeton. You're not on the way to anywhere!

7. M0IUS

M0IUS Ham Member QRZ Page

Old thread but did you ever fix this? Minie does exaclty the same, moving frequency every Tx, and I can't work it out.
    thanks

8. AC2QH

AC2QH Ham Member QRZ Page

I use the "fake it" with the FT-450D under CAT control and it works fine. However, if I try to use WSJT-X to control Ham Radio Deluxe and then have HRD control the rig I get similar problems to what you report - the first few "fake it" splits work fine and then stop working; the rig transmit frequency does not change but the FT8 audio tones do change. Of course this results in an incomplete QSO. I gave up with HRD rig control when using FT8 but use the log portion with no problems. BTW FT8 works fine through HRD when NOT using the "fake it" option. And HRD alone works fine controlling the FT-450D.

There is good information of the settings for the FT-450D and FT8 at :
    https://morsetutor.com/2017/09/ft-450d-wstj-x-config/

9. M0IUS

M0IUS Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. Works fine like that but then I can't log to log40m sadly.
    Might have to move to HRD if I can't fix this

10. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

HRD incompatibility is the issue. Why bother with the HRD hassle for simply logging digital contacts?

WSJT-X will log to LOG4OM seamlessly and automatically.

Good Luck

K4RKY likes this.