ad: hrd-2

FT8 RRR versus RR73 in a dispute with 3DA0AO

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by M0OXD, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
  1. M0OXD

M0OXD Ham Member QRZ Page

My WSJT is set up to log a qso when receiving RR73 or 73. For me to receive 73 from the other user's program, it must have decoded my RRR, otherwise why it would automatically send me 73 twice. The argument from the DXer was that he didn't see my RR73 and so didn't log our qso. How can it be that he sends me 73 twice, which I decode but he doesn't record it? Isn't it a case of logging error on his (program) side? I used to miss a few qsos in the WSJT log before but now I installed JTAlertX which sends every qso to another log file, so I don't miss qsos.

K2NCC likes this.
  2. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

When he sends those it should, should it not? The declining OP said he sent it many times. Actually, I think this needs to be selected, or it will not do anything.

3. VA3VF

Was this contact in F&H mode by any chance? If yes, this is an all too common occurrence. Most OPs will check the all.txt file, like you did, but not all. A very recent DXped is a case in point. Some contacts were not logged, and the QSL manager did not want, or was unable, to check said file.

4. M0OXD

M0OXD Ham Member QRZ Page

Possibly. Here is what the DXer writes on his blog:

"I received many feedback and complains about the FT8 F/H operation. My signal report and RR 73 confirmation are not sent in F/H mode. I checked everything many times and I waisted lots of precious time for troubleshooting. The first two days i used WSJT-X v2.1 on Win10Pro 64bit. Second day I changed to the 2.0 on the same laptop. Yesterday I used my backup laptop with Win7Pro 32 bit. Also tried both 2.1 and 2.0 WSJT-X in this platform.

The result is the same. It does not send the report and RR 73 confirmation in F/H mode. In the normal mode it works as expected. At least I did not get complains. This morning I received emails informing me that the 3DA prefix non-standard in WSJT-X term and will not work in F/H mode. (Thank you for the help in troubleshooting to Jim AB3CV, Bill G4WJS, George HA5UK and Vatsa VU2AE)."

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is that an option? I go by the pop up screen and click to manually enter it. The pop up only appears when I send 73.

6. VA3VF

He may have other issues going on. No point continuing with this discussion.

Look for the next opportunity to log the entity.

Good luck.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    KC2IEB likes this.
  7. VA3VF

I think it's not available in the 'original' WSJT-X, but there are forks out there that will log automatically.

8. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah, well, I would have logged it. If he didn't, then that's unfortunate, time to move on.

That said, if I encounter dueling, it doesn't last long because I see what's happening and trigger the 73 manually and then log it.

I routinely use the automatic RR73 except when operating mobile ( compound call sign ), where WSJT-X disables RR73.

9. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

The curse of first world issues....

F8WBD, WZ7U and M0OXD like this.
  10. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Be glad we're not trying to figure out how to make fire with the instructions written on the cave wall.

K0PIR, M0OXD, WR2E and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.