FT8 RRR versus RR73 in a dispute with 3DA0AO

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by M0OXD, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. KY5U

KY5U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What do you expect QRZ to do? Embarrassing 3DA0AO into recognizing your QSO?

N3AB likes this.
  2. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it can happen, depending on the software (MSHV, WSJT-X, JTDX) and version used.

'Duelling' RR73 and R-XX are not unusual.

M0OXD likes this.
  3. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

same thing happened to my QSO with 3DA0AY two years ago. we exchanged signal reports but he didnt get my 73 so i'm not in the log :(

M0OXD likes this.
  4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry to read about this Cristian. Sad to say, though, it happens.

As the Wise Old DXer once told me, before he QSY’d to another plane of existence...

You have two choices:

Work him again, his way.
    Work someone else.

M0OXD likes this.
  5. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

That was one of the first automation rules I had to add to the software here... after a very few of those, the software now just moves on.

It's amazing how many stations keep sending their side of the "duel" for ten or fifteen minutes after I have already moved on to work other stations. :rolleyes:

6. VA3VF

The funny - well...not really - situation, is when you are not sure it was a good contact, try again, and the other station gives you a hard time for being in the log already.

M0OXD likes this.
  7. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

lol yeah - i cant remember what station is was but their webpage stated that all band & mode dupes would be deleted, so yes, it's tough to know what to do these days!

M0OXD likes this.
  8. VA3VF

The important think is not to let other's idiosyncrasies impact you. Create some yourself, and get even.:D

K4VBB and M0OXD like this.
  9. M0OXD

M0OXD Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry Dave, I thought I removed his email but forgot about the noreply@... Thanks for removing it from the thread for me! And useful to read all the comments.

10. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

i only accept RR73 if sent on odd; if on even, it MUST be RRR or QSO is invalid...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.