ad: Box73-1

FT8 QSA pls

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by W1OB, Sep 12, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. W1OB

W1OB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish I could get a station to give me signal reports, QSA.
    I need a station that is a fair signal, that can give me a report while I adjust my power and ALC for best results and less QRM/QRN.
    Sometimes I think I have a better signal at low power and no ALC and others not so much. I need to figure out a base line.
    It is la little tricky but if someone could coordinate with me so I can experiment it would be great.
    I can not get good information from local stations for obvious reasons.

2. K1WTF

K1WTF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Post a time and date, maybe drop down a khz if its clear from normal freq. I'm sure a couple people could hop on (and I) can take screenshots of your signal. Another thing you could do is check for web based sdrs to view your own signal, sdr.hu has several.

3. K1WTF

K1WTF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking through my logs, looks like you were calling CQ 2017-09-12 from 05:47 to 06:02 UTC on 40M. I don't have any screen caps, but you were -1 (only one -1 report, rest were >0) to +8 to me.

4. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Assuming that you're not using a K3/KX3, you should adjust the ALC not for best results but rather for zero or near-zero ALC reading. Much above that will allow others to view a maladjusted signal.

K6CLS likes this.