FT8 on Icom 718 -- How?

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Prop., Cluster, & Other Software' started by N9AXL, Jun 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W8IJN

W8IJN Ham Member QRZ Page

I can get as far as test the CAT (which klunks the radio and the opens the Test PTT option) but I get no reaction from the Test PTT button.
    Similarly, if I go back to the program and try "tune," I get a red tune button but the radio does not go into transmit (doing this into a DL, of course).
    . . . So far this is the only software I've gotten working this morning on any digital stuff.
    . . . About ready to go back to just being a CW/SSB op. Firm believer that this is a hobby, not a religion. Obviously I do not know the magic incantations for shaking the holy bones over the sacred fires.
    . . .

2. CE3CFM

CE3CFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello there! I´m in a similar situation. My 718 is connected and decoding and when it should transmit the Signalink turns the PTT LED on but the radio is always on RX mode. I guess I´m almost there with the solution so, any clue? Thanks!
    IMG_20200515_092046377.jpg

3. KE0ALI

KE0ALI Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you send me a list? I’m working on this now, hope to run it Saturday. KE0ALIMN@ gmail.com