FT8 "IS" the death of Amateur Radio

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Dec 2, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Bashing??? Who was basjing??? I thought this was all just an attempt at far out (way far out) humor. I guess the bashing just went over my head. That's ok, I'm dyslexic and not very bright.

I like CW because I don't have to be social and talk to anyone on phone. I dont get bored when my computer wants to interact with another computer. I can just push my key around and beat the dits and dahhhs out of it with my fist.

It's ok... I am attending anger management and and the psychotropic medication is calming my brutal, aggressive, psychotic tendencies.

When ham radio dies due to the demise of spark, invention of SSB, the inability of hams to take out the trash on 75 meters, the boredom of FT8 and the failure of the sun to rain plasma on the ionosphere I'll just sit back and play Russian roulette because ham radio has died. Long live ham radio.

John
    K4AGO

2. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Its all about the humor. Some take ham radio way to seriously. This post came about mostly as a reaction to all the something is killing ham radio posts doing the rounds back in Nov-Dec 2018.

Do radio, have fun, live long and prosper.

Rob.

3. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Governments aside, only hams can 'kill' amateur radio.

Now relax, pick a mode you enjoy, and have some fun. If unable to 'comply' with this 'directive', return your ticket to the FCC, and let others enjoy the hobby in peace.;)

VK4HAT likes this.
  4. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well that's settled .:cool:
    Thank you for your assistance in this matter.:cool:
    73:cool:

WE4B likes this.