ad: ProAudio-1

FT8 FoxBot in upcoming DXpedition

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by AE5X, Aug 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. AE5X

AE5X Ham Member QRZ Page

2. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I suppose there will still be CW for ZK3A to count?

3. AE5X

AE5X Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, and SSB.

4. VK3BDX

VK3BDX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like this was Fake News - or an attempt for software promotion. I see the offending partners Logo has been removed from the ZK3A website and members of the team are telling me the manned FT8 operation will be fully compliant with the ARRL requirements for DXCC. Now that is great news!!!

KP4SX likes this.
  5. AE5X

AE5X Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a feeling that would happen. Doesn't matter to me either way.

6. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think an SSB Bot called me on the tĂȘle the other day.

7. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

The REAL question, from a person chasing DX perspective is, .......what is the difference between a "live" operator on the other end and a "bot?

The only real difference is that it pizzes off some one @ Newington.
    Yes, it is the ARRL's award program and they can do as they please. but, it really doesn't make much sense.

I have no doubt, that at some time or another, I have worked a Bot station,....... and never realized it. but, I did make the contact and exchange with my equipment. I can't control the other end.

Let me make myself clear, I don't approve of automated stations, it just doesn't seem to be my idea of how Amateur radio "should" be, but, where do you draw the line???
    Bots?
    automated keyers??
    automated logging??
    DX clusters??
    ect???

its a slippery slope

8. AE5X

AE5X Ham Member QRZ Page

If you can't tell what (or who) you worked, it doesn't matter. My bot FT8 exchanges have exactly the same content as my "human" exchanges.

Note to future DXpeditions: Go ahead and run an FT8 bot with an operator nearby to glance at it from time to time - just don't plaster that you'll be doing it this way on DX forums. No one will be the wiser and - here's the Big News - it won't matter.

9. KM4FVI

KM4FVI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

To Bot or not to Bot? Very interesting indeed! Six in one hand and a 1/2 dozen in the other........

Frank

10. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.