FT8 decoding then not decoding

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by G0PCF, Nov 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. G0PCF

G0PCF Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been using FT8 since 17 September. It stopped decoding after 12 days then started again after another 4 days. This has happened several times since. Nothing in my setup has changed and JT65 has decoded consistently. Has anyone had the same problem and any idea of a solution? Bruce G0PCF

2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Your PC's clock drifted, needs to be within +/- half second of UTC :00 seconds.

KB2SMS and NS8N like this.
  3. KB2SMS

KB2SMS Ham Member QRZ Page

I use Dimension 4 to keep my laptop accurate.

4. G0PCF

Many thanks for advice.
    I have had Dimension 4 on my laptop since I started with JT65 and later FT8. I have now updated my computer's time settings to Internet Time with success. Downside is I think I will have to do this whenever I operate.
    G0PCF

5. KB2SMS

KB2SMS Ham Member QRZ Page

Check your Dimension 4 settings, I never have to worry about my time being right. I just quickly look at the last time it synced and it's pretty close to the current time usually.

W9OOO likes this.
  6. G0PCF

I thought that Dimension 4 had been installed but find that it was not installed after all!! Now installed and all OK.
    G0PCF

KB2SMS likes this.
  7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You should just be able to make a shortcut and click on it to sync and update your system clock.

Or set the RTC update task to run sooner.

Have Fun.