FT8 and HRD

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA3LCO, Feb 19, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA3LCO

WA3LCO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I find it absolutely nasty that the owner of FT8 will not allow it to be used by the thousands of people all over the world that use HRD becase it is an inclusive program with many features. Nasty. And to make it worse the FT8 users are pushing the PSK31 users off frequency because it causes so much near channel interference.

2. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

GettyImages-141671829-crying-baby-57000b043df78c7d9e5ca387.jpg The horrors of it all.

W9FL, AI7PM, WA9FZB and 2 others like this.
  3. W4IOA

4. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Er, FT8 integrates very well with HRD. Select HRD as your rig type and put in the correct port number for logging and it just works.

2E0CIT and W4IOA like this.
  5. W4IOA

o-HAPPY-BABY-facebook.jpg

AI7PM, K8BZ and NG1H like this.
  6. W0AQ

W0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No one owns FT8.

7. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, I may have to backtrack. Just a bit. I should have said WSJT-X (the original software for FT-8) works well with HRD for most radios. The "naughty" modifications are less stable. Also I have heard of minor problems using the WSJT-X -> HRD -> IC-7610 combo. But for everything else I've tried it is pretty slick.

HRD and WSJT-X both have issues, but their interoperability is (generally) not a problem.

8. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I run WSJT-X with HRD, works great. IC-7300, IC-9700, IC-705.

9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I assume what you want is for FT8 to be built into DM780. The HRD folks wanted to do it, but JT said, "NO."

He'll let you use the code, OM. BUT NOT SELL IT. It's open source. JS8Call is one of the programs built upon it.
    ;)

AJ6LB and K8XG like this.
  10. W3ATV

W3ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you are unhappy with the product, maybe you should ask for a refund. Oh wait..........

AI7PM and K8BZ like this.