ad: CQMM-1

FT8 and a Club's Special Event

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W1GTT/SK2023, Feb 23, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W1GTT/SK2023

W1GTT/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

The local club will be having a special event station in April. How would I advertise the event while using FT8.
    I'm familiar with FT8 and used it during the 2020 ARRL field day. That was already an option set up for FD. Make a few selections and was ready to go. Just sending out CQ will not advertise the special event.

Thanks in advance.

73 Bill, W1GTT
    Chapin, SC

"A diversity of modes is essential
    to an effective EMCOMM system"!

2. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Not to be rude, but most FT8 people will not care. They only want the completed contact in their log.
    If it's a 1x1 callsign (or at least non-standard) you have a better chance of people looking it up.

I read the QRZ Profile of every callsign that I complete a QSO with, and most of the unusual ones I see. But that's generally long after it's over and I'm done logging for the day.

3. YC2CRV

YC2CRV Ham Member QRZ Page

i am using yaesu system600 radio, how to get it for ft8 mode ?? ask for the scheme. thanks

4. AC3LW

AC3LW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Write it up on the QRZ page for the call. Use forums and social media to build up hype/interest.
    I generally look up the QRZ page once I establish contact. But I am also new at this and am still fascinated by the pages.

If you can run FT8 you can also try FT4. It seems pretty popular too and is twice as fast.