ad: elecraft

FT8 all contacts are colored red like I am receiving new continents?

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by W7JMK, Sep 19, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7JMK

W7JMK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have logged over 500 contacts with FT8. Started to operate FT8 last night and all the contacts in the band activity column are colored red like they are new continents. A lot of the callsigns I recognize and they definitely should be green. The waterfall shows multiple colors. I checked the color preferences under settings and all looked normal. Any ideas? see attached picture. Thank you in advance for your time in helping me out.

Attached Files:

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is this box checked?

settings.jpg

3. W4HRL

W4HRL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As I understand it, WSJT-X uses the wsjtx_log.adi file to assign colors to stations you have worked based on whether that station shows up in the wsjtx_log.adi file or not.

Perhaps you are now missing that file? Or it has become corrupted?

W4HRL
    Mike in Poquoson VA

W7JMK likes this.
  4. W7JMK

Yes this box is checked. I did start using the program regardless of the situation last night and the contacts I work do change color. I guess in time things will get back to normal but I maybe working a lot of contact for a second time. My gut feeling is I goofed somehow when I was in the process of grabbing my adi file for the evening and sending it over to my QRZ logbook. Maybe I deleted a memory file where all the history is stored. not sure. going to be a very painful process getting it back to normal. Thank you for taking the time in trying to help me out. Jack

5. W7JMK

I do think you are onto something here. I probably goofed it up. Thanks for helping my sort this out. Jack

6. KP4SX

If you have the adi file, or can download it back from qrz, you can add it back to the newly created file.
    ADIF Master makes this fairly simple. Always make sure you are COPYING the file and not MOVING it. Search your computer for the file named above. (wsjtx_log.adi). Maybe you can find the original.

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

So along those lines, Bill, if I export my N3FJP log as ADI and import into WSJT-X, will all the colors sync up? (I've never used any aspect of "auto logging" before, never used 99% of the color coding)

Dave
    W7UUU

8. KP4SX

I don't think there is anyway to simply 'import' into wsjt-x. Your N3FJP log needs to be merged with the existing wsjtx_log.adi. This is easily done with ADIFMaster.
    But yes, the color scheme will work however you have set it up, default or otherwise.

W7JMK likes this.