ad: Schulman-1

FT5ZM Amsterdam Island!! Jan. 2014 DXpedition!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W4PG, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked them on 10 meters SSB earlier this evening. It was 8:15 PM local time! Surprised the heck out of me!! They were about S4-5, nice signal and easy to work.

2. AE7F

AE7F Ham Member QRZ Page

Got them on 17m last night on my spiderbeam. I had them at only S5-S7 and just a little over the noise. I must have been weak on their side too because it took 2 calls. I think they had a good, patient OP working.

So that's 30m on the GP vertical, 17m on the spiderbeam, and nothing yet on the hex beam. I heard them well on 40m last night on the vertical. Would be nice for a couple more bands but it's been fun to bust the pileups.

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They only worked 10MHZ RTTY last night and I couldn't hear a PEEP out of them. Today they ship home, so GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!

(SIGH)

Maybe someone will go there again someday (but not in MY Lifetime!)

4. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

History now.....

5. WB9LUR

WB9LUR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

One more footnote - they may or may not be active as VK6FZM/MM while enroute back to Freemantle aboard the Braveheart. Besides working them as FT5ZM I also worked them as maritime mobile (SSB) on their way to the island. If they get on CW I'll give 'em a try ...

6. N2ADV

N2ADV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Zero here.

7. VA6ZO

VA6ZO Ham Member QRZ Page

Finally got them on 10 meters cw a few days ago for # 305.I could hear them every am just before my sunrise working mostly working EU.They had a great signal here,using a 24 foot vert and 100 watts.Also got them on 17 and 30 meter cw.Great operation, but I must say the amount of deliberate jamming was unreal,I could not believe that ham radio has stooped to an all time low,shame on those involved!!My respect goes out to the FT5ZM guys for their very professional operation.

8. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

So stoked. I got the 20m CW contact confirmed today. Really am totally stoked. As a learning CW operator it is a big thrill to get in the log after many tries. All brain and fist. Though I probably missed out on 80m contact I was trying to do it the old skool way.

9. K5JYD

K5JYD Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked them on 40 and 20m cw and also worked them on cw enroute to the island (vk6fzm/mm) .Ordered qsl card today. Its easier
    today with dsp, the internet , on line logs etc. I think I cud have worked them on other bands but the jammers and lids were a turn off.
    K5jyd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.